SB_Jim

Cam Lens vs Afternoon Sun

I have a potential location for a cam that could provide a hugely superior vantage point of the front of my house and portion of the driveway than any other reasonable location. The drawback is that it is primarily West facing, and would catch a fair amount of late afternoon sun. Personally, I'm not too concerned for the potential compromise of image for that period, because for the other 22 hours of the day it would be an excellent vantage point.

I still have cams at the entrances to my house, so it's not that I'm completely in the blind during those couple of hours.

If you had this choice to make, would you do it?

Many thx,

Jim

I'm trying to keep the cam as "obscure" as possible. I'm hoping to keep people from seeing it w/o looking for it. When the sun is getting low there's no simple way to keep the sun from it.

Thx. It would be a significant improvement, and the two hrs of sun "wash" happen to be at a time when other neighbors are often around & I wouldn't be too worried about "trouble" around my property.

Perhaps it'll put a bit of stress on the cam, but if it just closes down the aperture I'm okay w that.