wildnwackywill10

Large scale farm camera power distribution

I am planning upon setting up CCTV security on my farm and am trying to figure out how I am going to get power all around the farm to the cameras (approximately 6 of them). One option is to use shotgun cable to distribute around the farm to all 6 cameras separately but as some of the cable will be 200 feet long im not sure if the power will have dissipated or not. Another option is to have an electrician ensure power is supplied to the whole farm. I'm hoping to use these cameras due to their low cost http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-2x-4x-8x-10x-CCTV-Security-Color-Night-Vision-Outdoor-Bullet-Cameras-420tvl-/181034631812?pt=UK_CCTV&var=&hash=item2a26814284 Can someone please advise as to what the best option is?

Thanks,

William

Hi. William ........... first please don't buy the cameras lister £12 ($15) will just be a waste of money.

are all your cameras going to be 200ft away ???

No, the furthest away one will will be a maximum of 200 feet away and although there is power to the lights nearby a socket is not easily accessible and that is why I'm wandering if a 200 ft long rg59 shotgun cable will work. Do you suggest any particular camera instead of that one?

No, the furthest away one will will be a maximum of 200 feet away and although there is power to the lights nearby a socket is not easily accessible and that is why I'm wandering if a 200 ft long rg59 shotgun cable will work. Do you suggest any particular camera instead of that one?

were are you located ???

were are you located ???

I'm located in northern Ireland about 7 miles from Magherafelt if that means anything to you.

Mid Ulster area then

Have you looked at a DVR to record this all on as well?

What areas area you covering?

Not that far from you myself

Mid Ulster area then

Have you looked at a DVR to record this all on as well?

What areas area you covering?

Not that far from you myself

Mid ulster, yes Bellaghy to be more precise. I have looked at DVR's on ebay but am unsure what one to go for, what I intend upon doing is keeping the DVR on the farm and streaming video to the house which is about about 300 feet away using a point to point bridge, possibly a ubiquiti nanostation or one of tp-links products. I want to stream the video so I can view it when i'm not at the house and it would be preferable if all the recording times and settings could be controlled using network access.

Thanks.