Sign in to follow this  
bass1176

Technology has improved, Costco higher end models.

with Costco selling these complete systems thru out the year, one has to think if the technology has improved enough to trust these packages for quality. Perhaps they werent up to par a few years back but testing some of their DVR with full D1 on every channel at 30fps, they are producing really nice images. Can there be a real difference between theirs and the Dahaus that are flooding the .com market. Some of the mace brands are just that, Dauhaus. Is it all the same at the end and can we be saving more money buying from Costco, are they worth giving them a chance? .com owners are probably totally against this but seeing some of these images the costco brands produce, they are not bad and I think now up to speed with whats selling in the .com community.

Your thoughts on any of the new lines that are selling in the Costco market.

[quote="bass1176" the technology has improved enough to trust these packages for quality.

Your thoughts on any of the new lines that are selling in the Costco market.

One problem is these systems are all fairly new and are just not time tested. I see a lot of people giving feedback on stuff that they have owned for weeks and give a good recommendation. Will be interested to see how they hold up after a year of being outside being beaten by the sun and weather.

Do the CCTV equipment fall under their lifetime no questions warranty? They changed their policy so you can't do that with the TV's and Computers.

However, If so, that's the nail on the head.

If in a year they are anything but "Like New" then return them... That is the advantage they have over the .com sellers.

One problem is these systems are all fairly new and are just not time tested. I see a lot of people giving feedback on stuff that they have owned for weeks and give a good recommendation. Will be interested to see how they hold up after a year of being outside being beaten by the sun and weather.

bigglebowski speak truth. I always wait one year before upgrading my desktop OS. By then, all the warts have been revealed.

Agree! one must wait before concluding quality and reliability, I figured theyre selling by such high volumes and to reputable stores such as costco who are concerned for their reputation. That they must have perfected and ironed out all the wrinkles in these new 2013 models. Ensuring that they use quality chips sets.

What really triggered this post was I noticed that Some of their DVRs (Costco, walmart) are the same Dahuas were buying from .coms just branded with different companies, like swan, Lorex or Mace. No difference.

I also noticed more 30fps 8ch and 16ch DVRS are readily available in these stores. Thats D1 30FPS on all channels. These machines usually cost too much on the .coms.

I guess time will tell but noticing these are the same machines floating around and just rebranded, might be worth trying unless they are cheaper at a .com, as Costco doesnt necessarily always mean cheaper.

Will test one of their swans out soon and report back in due time.

Cheers.

Cheers.