Sign in to follow this  
cothew

CPSE 2005 (China Security Show)

Is there anybody attended CPSE 2005?

It was biggist exhibition that I have seen.

After that, I got to know the CCTV market of China is slightly different from the one of US and Europe.

So I wanna share my thought and talk about it with you.

Af first, IP Solution is not big trend in China. (you know IP solution is a trend of the market of others)

In my opinion, it is the time of conversion from PC DVR to StandAlone DVR.

I think that is because the network environment of China is not good compared with others.

I could not find AXIS, DVTel and so on.

Second, most clients in China are looking for real-time recording products that has mass internal storage.

We can guess it is because there is many good products that offered lowest price.

and more...

Any additional idea or imformation?

Well, in CHINA, the local manufacturers are considered top brands, while here in the states, you know who the top names are, and unfortunatelly, they like to take their sweet time to adopt new technologies. IP cameras are the trend here in the US, but after hundreds of installations, I haven't installed one. TO be honest, it's going to be a long time before people start faning away from PC based DVRS. It's the features that is has, and I have a lot of customers who I recommend either a GE or Sanyo stand alone, and they don't want it, I even had a couple who think that it's "COOL" to have a PC acting as their recorder.

The other thing is that chinesse manufacturers have to make more reliable products to import into the US market, because for what they are charging for their products, they should be producing top notch products.