OK, I'm installing an IP system with dahua 2100 1.3mp bullets in a couple of weeks but in another state about a 2 hour drive.

I'd rather not go back for anything if you know what I mean. I was told by the owner that it is rather dark around his

warehouse where I will be installing the cameras. He's on a budget and has his heart on IP megapixel so Dahua is my choice.

The 2100 bullets are extremely reasonable priced and will fall right in our budget. We are going with 4 outdoor and 4 indoor

for location. He wants to keep an eye on his employees both coming and going and while inside as well. Anyway, I was thinking

of running a cat5 for the cameras and an 18/2 for an external IR illuminator near the camera connected to an 8 channel camera power supply. Now, I have never done this before

so for those who have with success and knowledge, where is the BEST location for the illuminator, above, under, or next to the camera? What tips should I know or things to avoid by using these if any? And lastly, are those 10.00 42IR ones on ebay worth

anything at all? I am thinking of putting one illuminator per camera so 8 illuminators with the good 100.00 ones would throw

us way off budget. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

use only one for inside and

outside maybe u must refer to ir spec how far it illuminate. that all.

and ir must be place not contact with direct focus to camera. it will be like flood light or sportlight.