PeterGibbons

Mounting Bracket/Base/Spacer for Dahua ipc-hfw2100/qcn7001b

I have a some Q-See 720P bullet cameras (Dahua ipc-hfw2100 / Q-See qcn7001b) mounted in my soffits. Unfortunately, my soffits have about a 3 inch lip on them so at night the IR backwash clouds the night vision pictures. I can't point them down any more or they won't be at a useful viewing angle. Has anybody found an OEM base/spacer for this camera or come up with some other clever way to move the camera an inch or two away from the mounting surface? I'm considering just cutting some 2X4 blocks and drilling a hole in the middle and mounting it to the soffit then the camera to it but I'm wondering if someone has come up with something more aesthetically pleasing and more professional looking?

Thanks in advance.

I got about a 2" stand-off by mounting the camera on a "4 in. Round Weatherproof Electrical Outlet Box with Five 1/2 in. Holes - White". I bought a blank cover and drilled a 1-1/4 inch hold in it (drilled 5/16 and used cheap Harbor Freight dye set to punch to size. I found a rubber gasket with a lip in the local big-box hardware stores plumbing section that fit the base of the camera and extended about 1/8" up the side. The outlet box's color, shape, and surface is close enough to the camera to make it somewhat blend in (see picture).

A side benefit is that I only needed to drill a wall hole big enough to get the RJ-45 cable lug through. The connection to the camera is all in the box.

Hope this helps.

Joe M

1180847728_20130715Cameramountsmall.thumb.jpg.2cbd2139b7a273ae24f522be274bdfcd.jpg

[attachment=0]20130715 Camera mount small.jpg[/attachment]I got about a 2" stand-off by mounting the camera on a "4 in. Round Weatherproof Electrical Outlet Box with Five 1/2 in. Holes - White". I bought a blank cover and drilled a 1-1/4 inch hold in it (drilled 5/16 and used cheap Harbor Freight dye set to punch to size. I found a rubber gasket with a lip in the local big-box hardware stores plumbing section that fit the base of the camera and extended about 1/8" up the side. The outlet box's color, shape, and surface is close enough to the camera to make it somewhat blend in (see picture).

A side benefit is that I only needed to drill a wall hole big enough to get the RJ-45 cable lug through. The connection to the camera is all in the box.

Hope this helps.

Joe M

Joe M Looks really good, I can't tell from the picture but it looks like that is the type of camera where you can unscrew it from the mounting arm, this would allow you to use a different mount, one with a longer arm.

http://www.panavise.com/index.html?pageID=1&id1=14&startat=1&--woSECTIONSdatarq=14&--SECTIONSword=ww

... I can't tell from the picture but it looks like that is the type of camera where you can unscrew it from the mounting arm, this would allow you to use a different mount, one with a longer arm.
Possibly, but would require surgery. The camera housing ends in a ball which is enclosed in the mount in a socket joint. The complication is that the Ethernet cable passes out of the camera housing through the ball and then travels through a hole in the mount and ends with molded connectors which are bigger than the hole in the mount. One would have to disassemble the camera, detach the cable, pass it through the new mount, pass it back through the housing ball, and reattach it to the camera circuitry. I haven't seen that connection, but it would have to be a small connector or soldered wires.

Same idea I use when I know it's a brick building.
Looks very familiar and a little better. I don't see the black seal between the box and the box cover. I also don't see the black gasket between the camera mount and the outlet box. Did you find white rubber or do you find you dont need them?

The seal that comes with the box is under the cover. It is there, you just don't see it. As far as the camera on the cover, I use clear or white silicone.

Wanted to thank you guys for posting those pictures, was able to reproduce this and pleased with how it came out.

lower.thumb.jpg.487c757e64022c97a78dc1af544f603f.jpg