Sign in to follow this  
SSITECH1

IP Axis Camera Alternative

We generally use Axis cameras on campus however for one of our off site locations we want a less expensive alternative. I would like quality and not dirt cheap junk. We would like to find a go to for when Axis is not in the budget.

Right now I need 4 interior domes for a records storage location. Low (poor light) to no light. IR would be great.

They are covering exterior door/overhead door combos at a distance of about 20' - 30' and will be about 15'- 20' high.

I would prefer Poe so I can just run my data line to the switch. H.264 is a must.

They have to be Genetec compatable. I have had issues with some IQeye cameras and non H.264 cameras not playing nice with the Genetec.

Any suggestions??

Look at the GANZ Cameras as they work with Gentrec on ONVIF and are a great camera.

Should be well priced as well... The ones with the TI chipset are the ones you want.

Thanks

MM

I get about the same level of support and service from ACTi but are a better value to me. I've been using ACTi indoor domes for a while and work great for me, so the new ones should be that much better. For example, the D54, 1MP IR dome is about $200, a 1MP IR dome from Axis, the only one they make, the P3367-LVE is about 5x that price. Even if you take it up a notch and match features an get the E84 (out very soon), 1080P, varifocal, very good low light sensitivity, IR and still costs half that of Axis. Does that mean the Axis is not worth it, they have some cool features like motorized focus and focal length but if price is important, I think ACTi does pretty well.

I believe Razor put some 1MP ACTi domes in and had some good results with them.