funone

2 cctv cameras and network through one ethernet cable?

If his house is not too far from his garage, why not go wifi?

well the answer to that is in the guys post. and wired is always better than wifi

Ummm, if I mentioned that wifi was an option, and than you said immediately after my post, wired is always better than wifi, than how does that sound? And you never answered me about what answer is in his post? What are you talking about? Where does he say anything about not using wifi or about his garage is too far for wifi?

Hi, is this possible?

I have one network cable going in the ground to the garage (as I need Internet connection in the garage). Now I would need 2 cctv cameras in the garage hooked to a DVR at my home. Is there some way getting the signal from these 2 CCTV cameras to the dvr through the existing ethernet cable? Without interrupting the Internet signal?

Any advice would be highly appreciated

Why wouldn't he be able to use wifi? Where is the answer that your talking about Tom?

I like both Owain's and Tom's ideas except for the fact that they remove the excuse to upgrade to megapixel network cams. The wireless link might also be a viable option to replace the UTP and make it available for balun use, but why not use Owain's idea? A bit of UTP rewiring, a couple of pairs of baluns (required anyway for all three ideas), and no additional costs besides a power supply or two for the cams in the garage?

Hi, is this possible?

I have one network cable going in the ground to the garage (as I need Internet connection in the garage). Now I would need 2 cctv cameras in the garage hooked to a DVR at my home. Is there some way getting the signal from these 2 CCTV cameras to the dvr through the existing ethernet cable? Without interrupting the Internet signal?

Any advice would be highly appreciated

Why wouldn't he be able to use wifi? Where is the answer that your talking about Tom?

Your doing it again. WHERE in my posts did I say he could not use wifi ????????? Please show me

I SAID HARDWIRED IS ALWAYS BEST. I did not say he could not use wifi.

If his house is not too far from his garage, why not go wifi?

well the answer to that is in the guys post. and wired is always better than wifi

WHEN I SAID WHY NOT USE WIFI, THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID!

There you go Tom! Right there!

YOU said it, not me. You said the answer is in his first post when I mentioned to use wifi and than you say wired is always better than wifi, which I have proved can either be just as good and possibly better at times. You are saying he wouldn't be able to use wifi because the answer is in the guys post. I have asked you SEVERAL, SEVERAL, SEVERAL times to show me in his first post where it says that he wouldn't be able to use wifi, but you keep avoiding that. I address everything you say and I provide links to proof, screen shots, etc. You avoid everything I ask you that you cannot provide an answer to. Like I keep saying, you simply hate with a passion to admit if you make a mistake or someone doesn't agree with you. What more can I say? Your turn. But I know and will bet any amount of money, you won't be saying that you made an error or that you have been corrected.