ddnewell

DVR Security System, need help on how to get it to record.

I bought a 4 channel dvr security camera system with a 500g hard drive already installed. For some reason it will not record and it will not detect the hard drive. I checked and everything is hooked up inside. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Thank you,

ddnewell

Make / Model would be a good start ... this is CCTV Forum not Physic Forum

Have you entered the HD menu on the DVR and Formated?

Well, if it does not detect the hard drive, where do you expect it to record...?

My suggestion on what to do, take out the hard drive, and try it on a computer. If the computer also does not detect it, you have a dead hard drive.

It is a 4CH DVR CCTV Security System 3G Mobile 420TVL Sony COMS Camera SATA2.0 500GB HDD. I tried to format the hard drive but get the message it is not detected. I don't have a computer to try the hard drive in but it does try to run when the system is first turned on, I had the cover off and heard it whirl but then stops. Somebody suggested once that maybe the power supply is not strong enough to run the hard drive, I am using the power supply that came with the system, it is a 110-240 volt-50/60lhz DC 12v 2A power supply cord.

I have seen a couple of DVR`s where you have to go into the HD menu and initialize the hard drive first in the settings before it will see it