Sign in to follow this  
shakabrah1213

Best DVR for Mac OS

Looking for a DVR recommendation that works great with Mac OS. Need it to be able to remote access on any Mac Computer and have not only live view and playback,but also have full access to settings ( adjusting channel masking, schedules, email notification with image and not only text. etc.) So far CCTV Pros 4 ch DVR not really performing for our needs. Read other post on AVTech, where does one get info on this or where to buy, also I heard of Vitek. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Not sure is ok to post links to eBay but if not please delete.

I brought this system about 2 weeks ago, i am running osx 10.8.4 beta and this works fine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281094150364

You will need to make sure they email the latest update for Mac software (DVRplayer 1.2.4)

It runs rather well on my Macbook Pro, there are some limitations, IE masking is not able to be done via the mac side. But for 90% of all operations it works fine. Its a great interface allowing you to use one software to record and playback without the need for different software.

It may not be perfect i know but it the best system i seen allow most of Mac software and the dvr features.

Hikvision and Dahua both have their software available for Mac (iVMS-4200 from Hik and PSS from Dahua), and I am sure there are many more brands that already have native Mac software.