SAJEEL

cctv multichannel setup

I have 3 dvr's 1= 8ch, 2=4ch 3=4ch

They need to view all 16 cameras over 2 monitors and add a additional 2 monitor / tv to 1st floor.

My solution is a muliplexer on dvr 1 and 2 output and feed 2 monitors by splitting output. Then take one more wire on dvr 3 to first floor and feed the other monitor.

This way they have identical view upstairs / downstairs. I can use split screen or sequence to view 12 cameras.

Any suggestions or better way to do this are welcomed ?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know if they support CMS software, usually when I do this I use CMS software and just let the client view serveral DVR's from a computer.

You could use a 16CH multiplexer and just add BNC T adapters to the cameras and feed the second input into the multiplexer then split the output from the multiplexer to how ever many TV's you want to feed.

Hello

You may consider deploy two 16Ch at two floor. Basically, present DVR has built-in multi out, HDMI, VGI one or two BNC. Then bridge spliter 1 in two out to those DVR then you not only monitor at decentralized spot but also one more back up DVR in case of one unit is shut down.

Thanks for replies, i decided to use a 16ch dvr as cost of 16ch multiplexer is almost the same, so i will remove 8ch dvr and 16ch then split outputs.