Sign in to follow this  
Quantum

Avigilon + Exacq

Looking at buying Avigilon 5Mp for an office building we just bought. Need to cover a parking lot across the street, which is wide and shallow.

Looks like the 5Mp bullet is a candidate. But it's not clear whether the other two 5Mps Avigilon makes (box and dome) are suitable for outdoors. Anyone know? Is the mini-dome outdoors? Why don't they say one way or the other?

Ideally we would have a wider field of view, like 100 degrees or more. Is this possible? Looks like the bullet has only an max of 84.

Also has anyone used Avigilon cameras with Exacq? We will be running Linux servers, and it looks like Exacq is our only choice. I'm wondering what features will be missing, compared with Avigilon's offering.

I contacted Avigilon and they connected me with my local distro, be he says he sells only if he does the install. Well my low-voltage guy will be doing the install. If anyone can hook me up with cameras please PM. wireguys never got back to me with answers nor a quote.

The Avigilon 5MP box camera needs to be in a housing for outdoor use. They also have outdoor 5MP domes which you can use.

Yes you can use the Mini-Dome outdoors but it is color only. Also the only resolution options for the Mini-Dome's are 1MP and 2MP. It is not shipping until August.

All of Avigilon's H.264 come with built in lenses so you don't have the option for wider angel lenses.

Yes I have used Exacq with Avigilon (we used to sell a lot of Exacq) and I would recommend Avigilon's VMS with their cameras.

Avigilon's VMS with Avigilon's cameras is basically plug and play. Plus all camera controls are built in to the VMS and are only a right click away unlike Exacq where you have to log into the GUI of the cameras to do any major changes and this goes for ANY camera with Exacq.

Plus the fact the searching video in Exacq compared to Avigilon is like watching paint dry.