ryuker16

So my Boss wants....a "overkill" camera; Help please

I"m working in-house I.T. and my boss assigned me security for his Diamond vaults and jewel stores. I'm fairly new to Cam security but I'am also a pro photographer and had 2 weeks to try a bunch of different brands and setups so I'm fairly knowledgeable by now.

For some retarded reason, he doesn't just want good. He wants to read the numbers off a watch of a moving target from 30 feet away.....in a store about the size of a Subway Restaurant. I thought he was just being joking....he's turned down every Axis, Arecont, Acti, etc. brand I've bought so far. Even the 10MP failed him. I explained how a good door cam could do a Face ID photo, the science of photography, and proper cam placement. Doesn't matter because he's really one track minded: Nose hairs at 30+ feet or bust.

He also wants 4-5 to cover a room about 80-100 feet long and 25-30 feet wide....yeah I know....overkill.

Budget is...."unlimited" in his words I think a camera that would meet his approval would be:

10-15 MP

20 FPS + recording

Strong LED/IR lights

Something that can accept SLR lenses or better than C-mounts

2/3" or better sensor(

I already built a good NVR and the Arecont has SLR compatible lenses but at 4k apiece it's too much($8k would probaly be his limit).

Its really big challenge, I think may Avigilon will satisfy your requirement. Another point is install professional VMS/CMS such as Aimetis, Genetec... for more power function your boss may desire in the future.

Hi friend,your boss is···hehe

It is quite a hard wrok ,tell your boss: you get what you pay for

what your boss needs, is not just a single camera, but a few.

the IR he needs is not the type that's built into the camera (a ****ty idea, never do this) but the type that's a separate powerful unit.

Hi,

Your boss' demand is almost impossible to be done.

But I suggest you fix three times of camera quantity. Make the room to be 10 or 20 small spaces, then make everyone camera focused on one small space. If the space is small, the resolution will be very high.

Of course, you need use high quality long lens or zoom camera.

Marvin

It seems very reasonable to me. Check out the ACTi E97, 10MP indoor dome, should be out mid-November and the price will probably be around $250-270 for an introductory period. Perfect for a jewelry store, you'll be able to grade the diamonds as they are being stolen, LOL. The E96 Fisheye is out now, $260ish until the end of October I believe (then it magically almost doubles in price). May pay to get those for overview shots of the crime in progress and use the 10MP to get closer in detail.