Anyway, guess I'll place the order for 2 cameras to play around with today.

P3367-VE at 5MP for front

P3384-VE for pool area

Play with these, then decide on the others.

Looks like the only 33 series that has IR is the P3364-LVE

I just received my 3367-ve yesterday and played with it for a couple hours. I am very impressed! I thought the Brickcom that I returned was nicely constructed but it doesn't hold a candle to this camera. Really nicely thought out and designed. I am really liking all the configuration settings. The proof will be in the image pudding once it's in place and I can see some real images, but in the couple hours I played with it I was surprised at the useable image with very little light. I bought mine from Ebay, got it for 1079, free shipping, and it arrived 2 days later via fedex.

If I have a complaint out of the box, it is that the cat5e cable they include is ridiculously short (though it is a very nice shielded one). The problem with the short cable is that there is a very nice grommet on the cable that prevent water and pests getting in, and the only way to use that grommet on another cable is to cut the cable they sent, which is a shame, take the grommet off and build an new cable. You can't slip the grommet over the connector. Cutting it so that it would go over the end would defeat the nice seal it has.

Oh, and don't cut a different grommet with a knife to get the cable in. Use a circular punch of some kind. They recommend the included torx driver so that's what I used.

I just received my 3367-ve yesterday and played with it for a couple hours. I am very impressed! I thought the Brickcom that I returned was nicely constructed but it doesn't hold a candle to this camera. Really nicely thought out and designed. I am really liking all the configuration settings. The proof will be in the image pudding once it's in place and I can see some real images, but in the couple hours I played with it I was surprised at the useable image with very little light. I bought mine from Ebay, got it for 1079, free shipping, and it arrived 2 days later via fedex.

This 3367 does not have that light finder, so it switches to black and white at night correct?

whereas the 3364 with the light finder stays in color mode if enough light.

so, before pulling the trigger on 67 or 64 what are the major plus / minus of this.

one being 5mp the other 1mp

what difference does color at night vs b/w make

is it better to have the 5mp or the 1mp that stays in color when it can?

only about 300-400 bucks between the 2 cameras

64 seems to be a newer model, the 67 is a couple years old.

what are the general plus / minus of each camera

from corner of house to center line of roadway about 100ft, width of front say 80ft give or take

Maybe get one of each and decide?

here's the property lines

house_survery6.thumb.jpg.e5bd4e832abd429d69ac6f78fc8411cf.jpg

No, both switch to BW at night if there's not enough light. Check the images I have in my review so you can get a better idea as I reviewed the P3367 and P3384 back to back.

Every situation is different, but in my neighborhood, most home burglaries are during the day and from behind the home, so an area that large, I would position 3 P3367's across the back. The front of the home, at least in my area, is where quick smash and grab car break-ins occur, also kids causing mayhem, so one camera covering the entrance which can be 1MP and one covering the driveway, which should be higher resolution. If you covered the rear and front well, the sides are certainly entry points but typically they would have passed the front and back by now so you need to capture what they are doing and you can get away with a 1MP, but when something happens, nobody here ever wished they had less resolution.

Mine came with an extra grommet. Nothing in your little pack of goodies?

Ah, yes, I see they do include another one at least. You'd think they would either just leave the cable out or ship a reasonable length one (50' or more). This is like 10-15'.

No, both switch to BW at night if there's not enough light. Check the images I have in my review so you can get a better idea as I reviewed the P3367 and P3384 back to back.

Every situation is different, but in my neighborhood, most home burglaries are during the day and from behind the home, so an area that large, I would position 3 P3367's across the back. The front of the home, at least in my area, is where quick smash and grab car break-ins occur, also kids causing mayhem, so one camera covering the entrance which can be 1MP and one covering the driveway, which should be higher resolution. If you covered the rear and front well, the sides are certainly entry points but typically they would have passed the front and back by now so you need to capture what they are doing and you can get away with a 1MP, but when something happens, nobody here ever wished they had less resolution.

Thanks Buell, I will check the reviews.

I was thinking of putting the Axis P3384-VE - For back patio/pool area.

Due to the way the sun makes the poll area really bright, but the patio part shady.

thoughts?

AXIS P3384-VE:

Color: 0.5 lux, F1.2, B/W: 0.08 lux, F1.2 with dynamic capture

Color: 0.15 lux, F1.2, B/W: 0.03 lux, F1.2 with Lightfinder

pool_area027.thumb.jpg.9f2851fed3a7fa1fe69bae675d47b900.jpg

pool_area021.thumb.jpg.258eee7a8ce4bed553cad223e9989358.jpg

Actually, the P3384 is either WDR or Lightfinder, not both at the same time, the P3367 is WDR and has good low light sensitivity, actually better than the P3384 in WDR mode. I'm not pushing 5MP as much as telling you which is the better camera overall and the 5MP is a bonus. Did you see my review? Here's snapshots from it.

P3367-VE at night, color mode, no IR at all. You can see with WDR it's managing the headlight and you can even read the plate.

222014_1.jpg

this is B&W mode with IR

222014_2.jpg

This is the P3384-VE at night, color mode, WDR (no lightfinder) on

222014_3.jpg

This is the P3384-VE at night, color Lightfinder (no WDR) on

222014_4.jpg

This is the P3384-VE in BW mode

222014_5.jpg

Just want to add a bit to this thread myself. I have a smaller property than the OP (1/3 acre with 3300 sq foot home) and have a mix of deployed Axis and Samsung cameras.

The Axis cameras I deployed (P3364-VE) are outstanding. I agree that the quality is very very good.

As far as illuminators go, you can get some extremely good ones that are built in the USA and used by the government and military and they are not that expensive. They are weather sealed and warrantied I think for 10 years.

http://www.axtontech.com/

I deployed one of these in the front corner and at $200 it's a great investment. It is weather sealed, projects out past 50' at a very wide angle and was only about $225 shipped. It runs off of 12V but they make PoE versions also. They also sell 12V distributed power systems if you need to run a large number of illuminators.

Anyways, get an Axton illuminator to play with, you will be impressed. Also they are based in Utah and if you have any questions and call them they'll gladly answer any of your questions.

I can second the other comments about integrated IR being a bit problematic since it attracts insects. I do get some insect activity around my Samsung domes that have integrated IR. You will also find that no matter how good the IR design is, with an integrated dome you are (at some point) going to get bleed through, etc. I think integrated IR is a fine choice for lighting up a small area like an entryway, but worthless for any real coverage of your property.

Actually, the P3384 is either WDR or Lightfinder, not both at the same time, the P3367 is WDR and has good low light sensitivity, actually better than the P3384 in WDR mode. I'm not pushing 5MP as much as telling you which is the better camera overall and the 5MP is a bonus. Did you see my review? Here's snapshots from it.

P3367-VE at night, color mode, no IR at all. You can see with WDR it's managing the headlight and you can even read the plate.

Yes,

reading it and just finished the 3384 review.

Some times I just hate choices Never know if your making the right one.

But hey, that's why you guys are here. Help guide me to make the right choice

and if I drop 15k-20k on video, I don't have to take the heat for it when wife asks.. I'll just blame all of you!

Just want to add a bit to this thread myself. I have a smaller property than the OP (1/3 acre with 3300 sq foot home) and have a mix of deployed Axis and Samsung cameras.

The Axis cameras I deployed (P3364-VE) are outstanding. I agree that the quality is very very good.

As far as illuminators go, you can get some extremely good ones that are built in the USA and used by the government and military and they are not that expensive. They are weather sealed and warrantied I think for 10 years.

http://www.axtontech.com/

I deployed one of these in the front corner and at $200 it's a great investment. It is weather sealed, projects out past 50' at a very wide angle and was only about $225 shipped. It runs off of 12V but they make PoE versions also. They also sell 12V distributed power systems if you need to run a large number of illuminators.

Anyways, get an Axton illuminator to play with, you will be impressed. Also they are based in Utah and if you have any questions and call them they'll gladly answer any of your questions.

I can second the other comments about integrated IR being a bit problematic since it attracts insects. I do get some insect activity around my Samsung domes that have integrated IR. You will also find that no matter how good the IR design is, with an integrated dome you are (at some point) going to get bleed through, etc. I think integrated IR is a fine choice for lighting up a small area like an entryway, but worthless for any real coverage of your property.

Do you recall which one you bought?

Pulled the trigger on 1 of each to see what works best.

I'll set them up, see what looks best and go from there. Get 30 days to play with them, so win-win.

once I get them setup, I'll post some vids etc.

Should be here by friday I hope.

Got this for the POE switch

Netgear FS726TP PROSAFE™ 24 PORT 10/100 SMART SWITCH WITH 2 GIGABIT PORTS AND 12 PORT POE

You'll find use for all 3 as not every location requires 5MP. Sure, the P3364/P3384 with Lightfinder is better in low light, but it's not a huge difference to me and I think the WDR works better.

What's odd is the link you sent for the model AT-7, while its' a good price is not shown on their website. Is this an older obsolete mode and which one replaces it for $200 price range?

I have a question on focusing the p3367. Is there a way to see a larger view when I am doing the focus? In Motion Detection settings you can make the image larger when setting the motion detection area. I don't see that feature in the focus screen where it seems really important. I want to get as good a focus as possible but the screen is so small it is hard to tell when you have critical focus....

I take a snapshot, blow it up in photoshop, see it is slightly out of focus, go back to focus settings, try again, take a snapshot, lather, rinse, repeat....Very annoying.

Another thing with the Axis p3367... In Windows 7 I usually use Firefox and it works fine. But I was trying to use IE (version 10.0.9200.16576) and it won't work. It gives me the error below. I guess it isn't a big deal, I use IE as infrequently as is humanly possible, but just wonder why it doesn't work considering it is supposed to be THE browser to use with the camera....

I go to http://192.168.1.67 and I get that error after it prompts for UID/Passwd. It even knows it is the Axis camera as you can see in the tab it is trying to open. I do the same thing in Firefox or Chrome, it just works. Any ideas?

IE-err.thumb.png.6a421563a96d7d7fea1bb8b57d5ea86f.png

I have a question on focusing the p3367. Is there a way to see a larger view when I am doing the focus?

If you have a fairly large computer screen open the 'Live View' in a new window and line it up so that the live view is behind and to one side. Scroll this window to a good spot for focusing before going back to the focus window. Then reduce the width of the window with the focus settings as much as possible and cram it over to the other side.

You shouldn't get that error in IE10 but you will notice problems with some config pages currently, such as the storage page. To fix that open the IE10 window, press F12 to get the developer section, use the row of buttons in there to change it to IE 9 mode - you can then press the x to close the developer half of the screen.

What happens if you click the link you posted above? This will remove all the stuff after the IP.

Lately IE10 doesn't play well with several brands of cameras, so can't blame Axis. Usually clicking the compatibility mode icon helps.

I have a question on focusing the p3367. Is there a way to see a larger view when I am doing the focus?

If you have a fairly large computer screen open the 'Live View' in a new window and line it up so that the live view is behind and to one side. Scroll this window to a good spot for focusing before going back to the focus window. Then reduce the width of the window with the focus settings as much as possible and cram it over to the other side.

You shouldn't get that error in IE10 but you will notice problems with some config pages currently, such as the storage page. To fix that open the IE10 window, press F12 to get the developer section, use the row of buttons in there to change it to IE 9 mode - you can then press the x to close the developer half of the screen.

What happens if you click the link you posted above? This will remove all the stuff after the IP.

Good suggestion on Live View thanks. I have two screens one of which is 30" so no problems with real estate.

The back button (the link in the error message) gives a 404 page not found error.

Thanks.

Hmm, I tried all the different Browser modes in the Developer Tools, but still nothing.

Oh well, it isn't worth spending any time on, as I said I don't use IE anyway...

Thanks though.