globalbit

port forwarding on three routers

Hi, i'm trying to remote view my H.264 DVR through Linksys wrt54gl = D-link 605 = D-link 605 = H.264 DVR. The wrt54gl has a static internet ip address and DHCP enabled, D-link 605 are configured with static Ip as access points DHCP disabled. Iv set up a Dydns domain name and still cant remote view my DVR through the internet. When i his the domain name, im stuck in the wrt54gl and cant access the D-link 605 or the DVR. Pls guide on how to port forward three routers and my DVR.

You will have to hop from router, to router. From the outside router, you will need to forward the needed ports the the second router's IP address; from there, forward the ports to the third router IP address; and from that one, forward ther ports to the DVR IP.

If you have 2 setup as access points, esentially doing nothing more then allowing wireless clients to connect you shouldn't need to do anything more then port forward on your Linksys router and set the DVR to have a static IP.

My AP's do nothing more then broadcast my wireless SSID and boost my signal, your Linksys is handling all the DHCP and NATTING provided you have them all on the same WLAN, (same SSID and network range)

set the first routers to DMZ use the last router as your filter...

I have a setup like this

jetpack > wan blance router > 610N > switch > server

DMZ > DMZ > port forward > switch > server

you should be able to port forward each one, but i found this easier.