f13dfx

Can a PIR motion sensor be installed to monitor vertically?

Hello all! Enjoying this forum a lot. Learning lots too!

I have a 5' x 20' pathway that leads from our gate into our enclosed backyard that I want to monitor. I was looking at buying a fairly inexpensive PIR MD that has a 110° angle, 7' height and 49' depth of view.

I was thinking of mounting it under our eave which looks down on this pathway.

Will this actually work?

Thanks in advance to all who reply!

I was actually going to try the AVTech AVN-807A which has Push Notification with live video to iPhone capability, as well as the option to record to iPhone with the EagleEyes app.

Are you planning on having the AVTECH looking out a window as it's not designed for an exterior install.

Yes the model is IR bullet for outdoor. But as I know the casings is made of plastic. I am not sure how is cooling capability? Basically, IR outdoor camera is use aluminum.

No not yet, but my clients has installed and they say all stream is fine and friendly in EagleEYE. But poor in optical performance it seems more bright to over exposure.

Yes the model is IR bullet for outdoor. But as I know the casings is made of plastic. I am not sure how is cooling capability? Basically, IR outdoor camera is use aluminum.

Me thinks you're bashing this camera cuz you're the competition mr. chen

Just took a look at the specs and this camera has an IP67 rating!!!

Actually, we did not developing IP camera but migrating to HD-SDI. You may try by yourdself, to see to believe, I just imput what feedback from my clients.

IP 67 is not relative to heat cooling.