Sign in to follow this  
JLMichels

Dahua camera configuration

I have a new rebranded Dahua NVR and 3 ONVIF (rebranded Dahua) cameras.

When I plug them in the NVR finds them but there is no video. When I change the manufacturer from PRIVATE to ONVIF and save in the remote configuration menu it works beautifully. That is, until it reboots at 2am when it resets itself to private. I have changed the setting from the PSS software and from the Web Services with the same result. Am I missing something? Is there a way to get it to reboot with the proper configuration.

It's probably best to just stop it from rebooting altogether. I'm assuming you mean the nvr is rebooting so just go into the auto maintenance menue and set auto reboot system to never. If the cameras are rebooting, you'll need to get into each of their web interfaces and do the same.

I set the cameras and the NVR not to auto reboot. Hopefully, that will not create any problems. Rebooting the cameras once mounted could be a bit of a hassle. I guess I could just unplug the poe ethernet at the NVR.

Interestingly, now the cameras seem to work fine on the "Private" manufacturer setting which seems to come up by default. I don't think I changed anything to cause this. Previously, under the "Private" setting the cameras showed up in the remote devices table, but were listed as unconnected and without video feed. Now they are showing as connected and feeding even though I didn't change the manufacturer to "ONVIF".

Hi !

It could be a firmware issue. The NVR is, as far as I know, not supposed to reset during maintainance reboot.

I have seen it once or twice before, and the manufacturers solution is a TFTP upgrade of the NVR if a FW upgrade does not solve the problem.

Regards,

Kasper