alkaprim

Diginet site, can't minimize?

Hi, I just wanted to know if there is a way to minimize diginet site,

so it runs in the background ?

I wanted to perform some other tasks on the box in the meantime.

I'm really new to Kodicom, the systems I did before all run ISS inspector software.

Thanks.

The only way I've found to minimize it, or essentially move around between programs is to use the alt/tab shortcut. In fact I have Diginet running now in the background as I'm typing this. Everytime I try to use the minimize button on it, it just pops back up. I haven't found another way to do this but it is a workaround. Hope this helps.

the newest version of software does not allow alt-tab, ctrl-alt-del, or the windows key

why do you want to minimize?

Hi, the reason is simple box will be located in rather remote location,

possibly running headless.

I usually run remote desktop to do any maitenance and/or changes to the

setup , beyond what client software allows.

Now with RD even alt/tab probably will not work.

And beside what's wrong with running it minimized?

My company uses the Kodicom system and we have our own private GUI for it. The site program was designed this way specifically to keep users from installing third party software on it or trying to use it for net surfing / game playing , etc.

Frankly, the only thing I can see to do is to shut down the program. This has it's own set of problems as the watchdog reset will reboot the system after a minute or two if the program is not running.

What I do is jump into MSconfig and disable the site program from running on startup. Then I reboot the machine and the watchdog will not be running. This allows me to do what I want on the machine, re-enable the site program on startup, and then restart the system.

Next time I speak with Kodicom I'll ask them if they can add a selection in the setups that will allow access to the desktop. They've been pretty responsive in the past to our suggestions.

Robert

Perhaps you worded the question wrong. Did you want to dump out of the program and get to the desktop in order to do maintenance? Is this on the Kodicom DVR itself or on a remote computer that is hooked up to the Kodicom? Perhaps you can give a more detailed question as to what you are trying to accomplish.

Another option that might work is to use "multiple desktops" that you get through free power toys from microsoft. just a thought.