C7Installer

Motherboard for Geovision

Does anyone have a recommendation for a specific motherboard to use with Geo based systems? Assume we're talking about "top-of-the-line" Geo cards such as the 1120, 1240 or 1480.

Since new boards come out almost weekly, I'm curious to know if anyone has found a good combination that's stable and "cost-effective".

For video cards, I've heard good things (and had decent experience) with ATI cards... anyone care to comment on these as well?

I'll leave it to the guys that have built those models, i know having just got a 1480 from VueStar, for a client, the ATI card is great. It has VGA, S-VHS, and DVI outputs. Where the S-VHS comes in useful is this ... monitor out to an additional Monitor using Composite input, or TV with AV. The 1480 has the DSP card for the actualy live video output, which is also great.

What i did, or in the process of, but tested it today, is using an LCD for the DVR configuration, playback etc. CLient also has a 21" Color CCTV monitor with Vid A, Vid B, and Vid C (SVHS).

DSP Output goes to Vid A

ATI SVHS Output to Vid C

What happens is there is a manager, who needs to only view the live video, and change cameras and views, so thatw where the Vid A comes in, high quality on the CCTV Monitor, its great. He uses the IR Remote so doesnt need to go near the PC, keyboard, or mouse. The CCTV Monitor quality is much crisper than the LCD, but the LCD is nice for confuration and playback.

Next, the courts down here can only use VCR tapes, so the owner can use the SVHS output from the ATI Card, using the ATI Catalyst control, i cloned the PC LCD to the CCTV Monitor Vid C. This way he can play back on a high res monitor, switch to full screen easily and using loop out from Vid C to a normal VCR Recorder, he can simply click record, stop, etc, for what video he wants on tape .. i know, going back a step, but thats how it is. He also can easily make the CD with AVI files for the actually investigators.

Either way, the ATI card rocks, i dont know the exact model off hand, perhaps Scott can fill you in.

Rory