Robert Oaks

backup procedure for Geo600/computer system

I tried to post this yesterday, but I must have done something wrong as it does not appear. Anyway . . .

I would like your help in the following situation:

We are using a Geo600 (16) card with a new, custom P4 computer. System uses 3, 120gb hard drives. It records motion only, usually with 9 or 10 cameras, and only from 8:00am to 5:00pm. This uses only about 2gb per day, 5 days a week. The problem is, We do not have any type of backup, and this is where we need your help. We are considering using only 2, 120 hard drives, 1 drive for normal recording, and the other for backup? If this would work ok, what software should we consider? Would (could) this be a completely automatic procedure, that could take place at night when the system was not recording? Would it be an incremental type of backup? Your input will greatly appreaciated. Thank you. Robert

Geovision has its own Backup software, however i do not think it is automatic, you could use any third party back up softwrae or the one built into windows... most software will allow you to chose what folders you want to back up and will allow you to choose the time to back up.

Geo crates folders in camera numbers.. so it should not be too much of an issue