evnldr

Lorex NVR crappy Email motion pic (Solved) kinda

If you log in to the camera you can have the camera send the email motion pic. And it looks Good.

I remember somebody asking

I haven't tried the snapshot email yet from the NVR.

I know that the motion detection settings on the camera are disabled from the NVR settings.

The camera motion sensitivity is set to -1, even though the camera motion detection is enabled. Both set to the that from the NVR.

How do you have yours configured?

I haven't tried the snapshot email yet from the NVR.

I know that the motion detection settings on the camera are disabled from the NVR settings.

The camera motion sensitivity is set to -1, even though the camera motion detection is enabled. Both set to the that from the NVR.

How do you have yours configured?

I chose a location on the cam itself.

than set the settings.

I watched the detect on the cam page and it is triggering the email it's self.

So the camera page motion settings are only for email and snapshots they don't do a thing to the NVR as far as I can tell. I set the snapshot settings and it's not working , haven't given it to much time. but the motion sends VERY nice 3 image sets.

Email.PNG.466521b227842b59ea3d591b40c65c94.PNG

If you configure the camera via the nvr, doesn't reduce the camera's sensitivity motion settings to 0, in the camera?

If you configure the camera via the nvr, doesn't reduce the camera's sensitivity motion settings to 0, in the camera?

I'm not sure. All I know is I was getting images from the cam.

can't check the NVR settings while at work.

Id say set the NVR, and than set the camera, in that order.

Screen.PNG.458cbb19f1cbf7769d52bee658e0ab52.PNG

Edited by Guest

I think the nvr downloads settings to the camera on power outages and reconnects too.

===

I played with these settings tonight.

They can be independent, mostly.

The Enable motion detection, is set via the NVR and also set in the Camera via the NVR. This is ok.

The sensitivity is set to 0 in the camera if there isn't a motion grid set in the camera.

If there is a grid set in the camera, then the sensitivity that is set in the NVR is set in the camera also.

Seems ok.

Edited by Guest

I think the nvr downloads settings to the camera on power outages and reconnects too.

I will reboot the NVR in the morning..

But if you turn off Motion on NVR and just use the camera..

I may try this.

Interesting that from your screen shot it would indicate the snapshots were approx 215k in size - which is decent. When I receive email pics (the three that are sent via email for motion), the size is only about 19-20k! Good enough to see the image, but poor otherwise. I have set the email w/ pic function from within the NVR. Maybe I should log into a camera and check the settings 'cause that'd be an improvement.

I've found that if I review previously recorded video using my laptop connected wirelessly to my NVR over my local LAN - I can pause and grab a really great screen shot in very nice resolution - probably much higher than the 200K that I saw in your last post. When I sent three of them to my office in a single email, the approx size of the email was 2-3 MB.

Interesting that from your screen shot it would indicate the snapshots were approx 215k in size - which is decent. When I receive email pics (the three that are sent via email for motion), the size is only about 19-20k! Good enough to see the image, but poor otherwise. I have set the email w/ pic function from within the NVR. Maybe I should log into a camera and check the settings 'cause that'd be an improvement.

I've found that if I review previously recorded video using my laptop connected wirelessly to my NVR over my local LAN - I can pause and grab a really great screen shot in very nice resolution - probably much higher than the 200K that I saw in your last post. When I sent three of them to my office in a single email, the approx size of the email was 2-3 MB.

They are Full size images Same as a screen cap res is not the same. Close.

1209443303_camsnap.PNG.aae09819d5c84002d7fd123e3198b668.PNG

That looks like the spec for your camera, but your previous screen shot showed the actual file size of your still pics - which was around 200k each. I'd say my "pics" via screen shot were in the range of 500k each.

Do you have the NVR? Have you ever attempted to set the email pics from that menu?

That looks like the spec for your camera, but your previous screen shot showed the actual file size of your still pics - which was around 200k each. I'd say my "pics" via screen shot were in the range of 500k each.

Do you have the NVR? Have you ever attempted to set the email pics from that menu?

The NVR Pic is worthless. the Cam screen shot is 1920x1080

Excellent. That'd be great - except that I receive emails from 3 of my cams, and there are always false motion emails sent - three pics a piece. During some times of the day, there are quite a few of these, and that file size would choke my network, or at least put a tax on it. But, if I were live viewing from home and disabled the email, perhaps I could capture the image to the NVR?

Thanks evnldr,

Yes it was I who asked this question in another thread. The NVR email three photos that are postage size and in my opinion useless. I did call Lorex support to see if there was a way to increase the size of the jpg. and they told me there was no way to do it

So if I am comprehending the procedure correctly, I am to delete my email settings from the NVR and enter my email settings directly on the camera? What about the toggles for motion detection, email etc. should they be enabled on the Camera or NVR?

I was under the impression that the camera settings on the NVR were the actual settings from the camera.

I was under the impression that the camera settings on the NVR were the actual settings from the camera.

Partly. For the resolution/frame rate/on screen text, they are. Motion detection is done in the NVR for the most part.

The cameras provide a continual stream of video to the NVR, where the NVR records on detecting motion (if enabled), and/or continually.

The cameras can also detect motion independently and record to another location such as a NAS device. They can also feed the video stream to software such as Blueiris at the same time as feeding the NVR.

I verified that they can operate independently for the most part yesterday, some settings over lap. As long as you know which, you're ok.

But you don't ever have to touch the camera software if you don't want to. This is how the system was designed.

Partly. For the resolution/frame rate/on screen text, they are. Motion detection is done in the NVR for the most part.

The cameras provide a continual stream of video to the NVR, where the NVR records on detecting motion (if enabled), and/or continually.

The cameras can also detect motion independently and record to another location such as a NAS device. They can also feed the video stream to software such as Blueiris at the same time as feeding the NVR.

I verified that they can operate independently for the most part yesterday, some settings over lap. As long as you know which, you're ok.

But you don't ever have to touch the camera software if you don't want to. This is how the system was designed.

I to was tinkering with BI How is the Email pics from there? I may run BI just for that.

I may even have to buy BlueIris :P use the NVR for just recording and all snapshots from BI

Well, this didn't work for me.. yet. Via the NVR I disabled motion for one cam, de-selected send email, etc. Then I logged into the CAM itself, enabled motion, selected a few areas for motion detection, and attempted to copy my setting for email from what I use in the NVR to the CAM menu.

I kept getting an error msg that prevented me from saving my settings. I enabled SSL and Auth, etc. - same as for the email settings I had set in the NVR.

Any ideas?? I really had hoped to see the hi res image in an email.. at least for this test!

Remember that if you disable motion detection on the NVR (uncheck the motion option), that this also disables the motion detection on the camera (it unchecks too).

What is your network config page set as?

I'm guessing that you don't have a dns server set.

The camera firmware has a problem with not using the gateway and dns server sent to it in the dhcp request message.

This is fixed in v5.0 firmware.

in firmware v4.0 I had to set them myself, set to my router/gateway IP address. See below.

t1.thumb.png.b6b2ab9bc6f67cc81605da39577b0a1f.png

My network settings are fine. I get email pics already as configured via NVR.

I was unable to get the email settings to Save in the camera.

Next time I play w/it I'll leave the NVR set to enable motion on that cam first.

Ok, so I managed to setup the camera to email me the larger jpegs on motion dection when connected directly to my network but once I connect the camera back to the NVR nothing/nada frustrating. So I must me missing one important step to get this to work. My settings are as follows:

Camera

Motion Detection enabled

Email Enabled

NVR

Email disabled from the Configuration/Network setting

Motion Enabled from the camera/motion setting

Email disabled from the camera/motion/action setting

What am I missing?

Modem = Router

Router = Switch + NVR

Switch = Various computers etc

NVR = 7 Cameras

If it worth anything the changes to the camera were made while connected to the network through the switch

& not directly to the Router itself.

Thanks Joey..but one more silly question..how do I manage to hook up the camera two both nvr and lan? Is there a certain spliter or switch required?