sorenbot

POE-Switch on DVR-input ?

I`m a newbie in this buisness, but i have a problem and i`ve spent weeks on the internet, trying to solve it, without result, so any help would be welcome.

Recently i bought a Dahua DVR DH-NVR3216-P (16ch), 8 Dahua IP-cameras (IPC-HFW2100P) and 2 D-Link DES-1008P POE-switches.

I tried 2 connect the 2 POE-switch with 4 cameras each,to the POE-input on the DVR, with zero result.

It works fine if i connect 4 cameras directly to the DVR, but not if i go through the D-Link switch.

The manual on the Dahua DVR doesnt help at all. My question is; Is it possible to connect a POE-switch to the DVR ?

Otherwise, how can it be that it is a 16 ch DVR if it only has 4 inputs ?

Thanks!

Yes I don't see why this would not be possible, where your problem may be is once you connect the switch you need a router to handle DHCP for you, something tells me the system is probably not assigning IP addresses correctly once you connect the switch to the NVR, try the following:

Get a router and connect the NVR on one port and the switchs on 2 of the other ports, then connect the cameras to the switches and see if you get any video.

Yes I don't see why this would not be possible, where your problem may be is once you connect the switch you need a router to handle DHCP for you, something tells me the system is probably not assigning IP addresses correctly once you connect the switch to the NVR, try the following:

Get a router and connect the NVR on one port and the switchs on 2 of the other ports, then connect the cameras to the switches and see if you get any video.

Sounds like a good advice. I try it monday. Thanks!

A Little bit of help please ..... It does`nt seem to Work, so far.

A kabel from the internet to the routers internet-input. (?)

A kabel from the external poe-switch with the 4 cameras to the router.

Do i then kabel the router to the DVR`s internet-input or the DVR`s poe-input? (or both?)

(My DVR has 4 poe-inputs and a internet-input.)

Thanks!

Alright, let me try my best to put it into text, I feel this is where a picture would be best, will try and get one up later.

1) cable from your modem to the WAN port on your router

2) cable from Switch A to port 1 on your router

3) cable from Switch B to port 2 on your router

4) cable from NVR internet input to port 3 on your router

From there just insure you have your cameras plugged into your switches, this should assign an IP address to each camera and allow them to be picked up by the NVR, of course you could probably get down to 1 switch and plug 4 cameras directly into the NVR but that is a different story.

You mean that the DVR get the signal from the cameras via the router ?

Or do i need to put a kable from the poe-switch to the camera-input on the DVR ?

It did not Work,- the DVR did not find any cameras, so today i called for a technician.

I hope he can pinpoint the problem.

Thank you very much for your answers and your help.