Sign in to follow this  
shockwave199

How to get into this ptz camera?

I have this style camera and I would LOVE to be able to take the clear face plate off and clean the inside of the lens portion of it. It's got fog spots inside, for lack of a better description. I can put on fans manually in the camera but that doesn't clear it. I think it really needs to be wiped clean at this point. Anyone ever remove the face of one of these things? I can't seem to figure out how to do it, or if it can be done at all. I know it's long shot, but I figured I'd ask.

1049370687_ptzpic1.jpg.e85761400976a3c1ffa372bc90460187.jpg

1222607837_ptzpic2.jpg.a09f760db3e2637c694240771ebcecbe.jpg

Last years hurricane put our power out for three days. During that humid tropical weather is when it got the worst. I figure it might even be a dry pack inside that's done as well. But it's almost as though it's dired smudge rings now. I can't turn on the heat fan manually. Wish I could. Only the cooling fans and they don't help. It might be that any fan is circulating the moisture from the dry pack which is done, who knows. But I'd love to pop the face off. Not sure I can with this one. I see they sell them now where you can take the face off. All else fails, may need a new one. Just use this one for parts if needed. The picture is still totally useable, but the fog rings make it less than perfect now.

I think so. It doesn't matter if it is useable, or you can buy another spare one if you go for perfect. You can find many good and cheap cameras online.