Sign in to follow this  
dk1000

How do I share 1 camera of a 4 camera DVR system online?

Hi, I have a Defender 21021 system with 4 cameras and a DVR. I would like to give the local police access to only one of the camera feeds so a detective there can monitor it live as streamed. I can monitor the system myself anywhere online using the supplied Internet Explorer/Active-X software, but I get access to all 4 streams. I want to give the detective her own password and again access to only 1 camera and not the whole DVR. Thanks much.

Hello there,

I'm not familiar with the Defender DVR, however on the DVRs I use, when you set up a new user you can set a list of parameters for them, and one of them is how many cameras they can view.

I would imagine this isn't DVR-specific and is a common feature across a whole range.

soundless

Hello there,

I'm not familiar with the Defender DVR, however on the DVRs I use, when you set up a new user you can set a list of parameters for them, and one of them is how many cameras they can view.

I would imagine this isn't DVR-specific and is a common feature across a whole range.

soundless

Thanks, soundlessb00m, I tried this in my DVR before and it didn't work and I forgot about that you can select which cameras, I just tried it again, and I did something right this time, working! Thanks. Now my next step with the Android ASee app, which works, but I can't set that for a second user with separate password to just access that one camera, as they may have to access the feed on their mobile phones. I really don't want to give all 4 feeds out, but guess no choice if I can't get it working the way I want, and then change my password for it.

You could add an IP encoder on just one of the camera and then give that login info to the police, then have it loop back to the dvr.