Sign in to follow this  
radiator

Can't browse to DVR over home network - Please help

Hi All

I have a 5 year old 8 channel h.264 network stand alone DVR.

I can browse to the DVR using the included software but not through IE using http://IP:PORT.

Could anyone help? The instruction book is useless and I can't establish if it can be browsed to using a browser. I suspect it should as it allows remote browsing using DDNS.

I have given it a static IP address that is not in scope of the router DHCP range.

I have forwarded port 50000 in the router to this IP.

The DVR has been set to port 50000

As I say, it can be browsed using the software. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks for reading, any help appreciated.

radiator

Do you get an error message when you try to reach the DVR via a web browser?

Also when you say outside of your DHCP pool you were sure to make sure the address you assigned was still on the same network segment correct?

Example if you are using 192.168.1.1/24 and you have the whole network assigned through DHCP you cant assign your DVR a static IP of 192.168.2.100 and expect to reach it without some more advanced networking.

Can you provide more information on how your network is setup. Like what network range you are using port numbers opened DHCP pool allocation.

Thanks for the prompt response sector.

The browser just hangs with http://192.168.50.90:50000. There are no errors.

The manual mentions an activeX that should be installed on first connection. I've followed the instructions around trusted sites etc but still no joy.

Originally the pool was set from 192.168.50.2 - 100. I took this down to 192.168.50.2 - 50. I then assigned 192.168.50.90 to the DVR.

On a belkin router I've forwarded port 50000 to this IP. Once I get beyond the local browsing issue I want to remote on therefore I've set up DDNS on the router and signed up for a trial DDNS account. This account is successfully updated by the router.

I can ping the DVR IP and see the dvr through the software.

Thanks again - appreciated

Can you try 192.198.50.90 and let me know if it works, something tells me 50000 is the media port try just the IP and see what comes up, if it doesnt work try 192.168.50.90:8080

maybe its a secured site and needs the https prefix to get you on port 443.

Can you upload a picture of the network settings on the DVR?

I would say try scanning the ip address 192.168.50.90 with zenmap and see what ports are open.

I'll have to upload photo tomorrow. I have disconnect the DVR and connect it to the TV to do the config.

I've downloaded zenmap and currently running a "intense, all tcp ports" scan. So far it has discovered only 50000 as an open port.

OK - not sure how to upload photos so wrote them down:

IP config::

MAC - didn't write that down

IP - 192.168.50.90

PORT - 50000

SUB - 255.255.255.000

GATEWAY - 192.168.050.001

DHCP - manual

DHCP set up (DVR defaults these):

DHCP MODE - manual

DNS SERVER - 192.168.050.001

IP - 192.168.050.090

SUB - 255.255.255.000

GATEWAY - 192.168.050.001

zenmap shows port 50000 and no others are open. Also used another tool to prove port is open outside of network.

Really stuck now!

Just come to the conclusion that this dvr won't do what I want. Established the model (JPEG2000 legacy), googled it and it seems inconclusive. So going to order one that specifies IE and mobile devices!

Thanks for the help - appreciated