HI all, I have a particular issue with a large screen 50" TV

The dvr will notdisplay on the HDMI channels. I tried several new HDMI cables none of which solved the problem

I then tried the cable to the sky box which I had seen working with the TV and used it with the DVR which did not display again

At this point I am thinking the DVR is at fault. Upon returning home, I tried the DVR on my own 32" tv and it displayed the HDMI

without problem and on all HDMI channels. I then tried all three cables I had used to try with the other TV and they were okay too.

I have since tried the DVR with two other HDMI TVs and it works.

I would have by now concluded that the 50" TV (which had just returned from the repairers) was the culprit

but for the fact that I tried the same HDMI channel that I had seen showing his sky TV box.

Any suggestions, this has got me confused now....

You may need to look into using an HDMI EDID Emulator. That can correct some problems associated with communication between problematic devices.

thanks, that one more suggestions than I had to look at before, well suggestions that are physically possible anyway

I am embarased but I don't know what an EDID emulator is, 5 more miniyes of searching the internet and I'll find out...thanks

When you have the DVR plugged in have you tried cycling the input selection, I have found this to solve this problem for me in the past.

I am not sure there is a software input selection as in the past the input can be swapped about at will VGA - HDMI - BNC-out etc. But it is something I have considered and asked the manufacturer who says its an automatic selection, whichever output is utilised it's automatic.

I tried changing the output resolution, starting at the lowest and raising it slightly every booting but no change. (Obviously I was able to use the BNC video out to do this)

You may need to look into using an HDMI EDID Emulator. That can correct some problems associated with communication between problematic devices.

I just googled that and having read about the DDC memory loss I am convinced you are on the right track and that merits some investigation.

Monday morning I will be looking into that, Thanks again.

When you have the DVR plugged in have you tried cycling the input selection, I have found this to solve this problem for me in the past.

Yes I tried that it didn't help turns out the TV has some problems anyway so it's the TV and the cleint won't accept thats the problem

so I brought in another TV to show him. He thinks I should supply the new TV in the price because it won't work with his.

He's at least as stupid as Vector18

Edited by Guest