jaybirdy2k

What NVR to use with this camera setup? Swann 1080p

I am looking to purchase 8 of the Swann 1080p 2 Pack HD NVR IP Bullet Cameras from Costco ($350.00). I was planning on using a Zyxel Ethernet Switch, 16-Ports (ES1100-16) in case i go past 8 cameras which i could very easily once i am done planning everything out. I want to stay under $4,000 for the system.

Looking for an easy NVR to use and setup

Nvr's i was thinking about using:

NUUO NT-4040-US-2T Titan NVR 250 Mbps Linux Recording Server (Tower) (2 TB)

Avigilon 3.0TB-HD-NVRWS (waiting to get costs)

Any other suggestions on any of the equipment?

I've been playing with Synology and it looks pretty good, especially if you need a smart NAS for other reasons. QNAP is another NAS company that has NVR capabilities worth looking at.

i have a synology, it's a charge per camera after one free one that's included, and i think it's a 100 per camera or something like that, I have 16 cameras, 1600 bucks is ridiculous and that's just for the license not the hardware..

I love NUUO but Swann and Costco?

A couple of things to do first.

Go to any site, NUUO is fine, and do some calculations. First, what are you trying to see and what do you want to record at what resolution. 1080p is a great marketing tool but then you hit reality.

At 1080p and 30 FPS, your 4 k is already used up with a NVR. How much recording time are you looking for?

Finally, do you want to view it off site? That will mean bandwidth and a lot of it. You will also want cameras with multiple streams.

Each camera needs to be planned out individually. For example, you may just want to monitor on one, have human recognition on another and facial recognition on a third.

When I have to get the price down and dirty, and we all have to at times, I have found Vivotek and NUUO can not be beat. You can also save bucks by recording at the edge or with an SD card in the camera. You can get about 3-4 hours on a large SD card and then transmitt it to the NVR only when the camera is triggered. You see, in real life, even if the Swanns are set up to record only on activation like an input or motion, they still are transmitting data to the NVR continuously. This is how you get your prerecord and post record times.

Sorry for rambling, Costco and Swann just don't sit well with me.