Sign in to follow this  
gmcraib

AVTECH 675C DVR Network Problems

Last weekend I installed a CCTV system using this DVR and 3 IR camera's. The system works well apart from connectivity issues.

Can connect to DVR via LAN and WAN, but cannot view the video.

Can only view the video on LAN when Kapersky is disabled.

Have used the video viewer software and find the same issues, although haven't been able to connect via WAN.

Also the remote desktop feature seems to be temperamental and only working occasionally. I get the message "check server resource failed!!" and can see the video but no control. There was control before but it stopped after adjusting camera's. I wonder if I disabled it by mistake.

Using Kapersky Pure on Windows 7, IE10. (Kapersky beta patch to work with IE10)

Have played with security settings in IE and settings in Kapersky but no success.

DVR is on port 80 and router has port forwarding to DVR.

Something tells me there is a media port you have missed and not forwarded, check your DVR for a media port and forward it.

Also for testing I would say disable your firewall, then once everything works turn the firewall back on and troubleshoot if something stops working.

Thanks for the reply.

I did wonder if there might be more than one port to open, but haven't seen anything on the instructions.

Do you have any inkling what the port might be?

Is there any way to find out? ie from network traffic?

Sounds daft but I hadn't actually tried disabling router firewall, just the software firewall.

Will try that straight away.

Thanks for the reply.

I did wonder if there might be more than one port to open, but haven't seen anything on the instructions.

Do you have any inkling what the port might be?

Is there any way to find out? ie from network traffic?

Sounds daft but I hadn't actually tried disabling router firewall, just the software firewall.

Will try that straight away.

It varies by manufacture, maybe port 9000?

If you know the internal IP address of the DVR grab yourself zenmap and run a port scan against it, this should tell you what ports are open.

Actually, don't think it is the router.

Only just realised but I can access the DVR, view video and control with no ports open on the router.

Was playing about opening ports and opening all ports and nothing changed so I thought see if it works when no ports opened.

It did work but only because kapersky was disabled.

So I'm pretty sure its something in kapersky, but not sure what. I've tried disabling individual components of kapersky but the only thing that seems to work is to disable it all.

Update.

Have managed to get some progress by switching all functions off in kapersky, then on one by one to find the culprit.

Its web anti virus function, which scans network traffic. So I added the URL of the DVR to the trusted list and then was able to view the images on DVR with all the other functions switched back on in kapersky.

Still can't control via the web interface, not sure why.

Remote desktop also unusuable, working out what may be the problem there.

Remote desktop seems to fail under application control (possibly amongst other things) but I'm not sure what applications should be trusted. For example viewing via browser, IE is trusted. So is video viewer and Simulation1.exe, which I believe is launched for remote desktop.

Open to any further ideas!

I have everything switched on apart from File Anti Virus and Web Anti Virus functions.

Still getting the message Check Server Resource Failed when trying to access via remote desktop.

(minimum working configuration seems to be File & Web Anti Virus and System Watcher switched off)

sometimes IE crashes, so I copied this crash log:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: IEXPLORE.EXE

Application Version: 10.0.9200.16635

Application Timestamp: 51b7a921

Fault Module Name: unknown

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0929273e

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

I'll look a bit more into IE settings, maybe something there that is clashing with Kapersky and forcing a crash.

This version of kapersky is a beta, as the release version doesn't work with IE10. And I couldn't get IE9 to work with DVR!

I'm on the Kapersky forum getting help for anti-virus settings and network config.

If you want to follow the troubleshooting the thread is here:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=268636&st=0&gopid=2065393entry2065393

I'll see how this gets on and will revert here, as I think I may still need some help on the DVR itself once I can get it to work properly over LAN and then WAN.

Might end up with a complete troubleshooting guide!