randylouis

Help with Digital Watchdog Software

The web viewer for our digital watchdog dvr DW-Vmax Flex 4 channel has lost the calendar in the search mode. We suspect it was triggered by a Windows 7 software update. We have tried downloading current Watchdog software, but have Windows 7 compatibility problems. The windows 7 compatibility troubleshooter has not been able to solve the issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Randy

Try deleting the software and reinstalling it. I have windows 7 and get regular updates and I still have my calendar.

225319_1.jpg

Thanks for answering. We did try that already. Its odd, because we have the webviewer on the phone, the laptop, and the desktop. The phone and laptop search feature went away several weeks before the laptop lost its search.

Sounds like it could be a dvr issue if different devices lost the search feature? Did you try rebooting the dvr or upgrading the firmware?

Thank you. Also, when we installed the software again, it seems to now have compatibility issues with Windows 7. (again why we thought that the issue might be from updates). We tried troubleshooting Windows 7, but can't get it resolved.

Sorry, forgot to address your question. The DVR is in our rental house in another state. We can't reboot it right now, we can next weekend when we are back there again.

If anyone else is having compatibility issues with Watchdog and Explorer - we got in touch with them this morning, and it was literally one click. Load watchdog, and sign in, and at the top you'll see a little icon that looks like a torn piece of paper. Roll over it, it will 'compatibility view'. Click it, and it fixes it. Awesome.