Shaz69

Dahua Camera & DVR - Assistance

Hi,

I'm stuck looking at both the Dahua Camera & DVR specs, Im trying to see whether will they fit each other perfectly in terms of resolution, tvl, display & recording image.

Can anyone tell me which part of the camera/dvr that has low specs to produce an optimum solution combining both.

DVR: Dahua DVR0804LF-AS

Camera: Dahua DH-CA-FW480CP

Dahua_DVR.thumb.png.4017eaaaa056c2b47213ef0ad7596175.png

Dahua_Camera.png.75855ede09b641625131d86d50feebdb.png

The DVR is always the device to look at. These days manufacturers will always build high specs into the cameras, but those specs are really fluff. Analog is only capable of reproducing about 480 TVL. That's a limitation of the NTSC format. So what happens if you connect a 700 TVL camera to an analog DVR? Only 480 lines of resolution can actually be recorded and transmitted.

It's like putting a Corvette engine into a Kia.

Next likely question is "What's the best DVR to get the best resolution?" My answer: No DVR. Analog is only going to look so good. You can put a $1,500 analog camera onto a $3,000 DVR and it's only going to look so good. If you are looking for "best resolution" you need to go with megapixel IP cameras, which are going to give you the ability to record HD-quality video. There are a lot of suppliers out there, including Dahua, that can get you IP equipment for marginally higher price than analog. It's worth paying the extra $. If you're on a limited budget, wait a few months until you can save up and afford more. You'll be glad you did!

It's worth paying the extra $. If you're on a limited budget, wait a few months until you can save up and afford more. You'll be glad you did!