Heather

Recommendations for a high end system

Hi Guys

New here, so be gentle

Wish to replace a 10 year old 4 camera analogue system with the best that is out there to last me the next 10

Need 6 cameras now (possibly and really prefer HD 2mp or even 3mp.

analogue cameras covered area between 20 to 40 metres away for 2 of them, rest between 5 and 20

Budget of about £5k. Existing cat 6 cabling, and my TV guy will fit new ones for the extra cameras.

Suggestions welcome

If you've really got Cat6 and not Coax I'd go Axis IP cameras. There are a couple of new models that are fairly inexpensive. We're playing with Axis Camera Companion (free VMS s/w from Axis) and it works pretty well and you have the option of going to something else if you don't like the freebee.

I don't work for Axis but I do install a lot of their gear and it works far better than the other cheaper stuff we install. Your budget should be able to do it.

Good luck!

If this cable was installed 10 years ago I highly doubt you have CAT6 more likely to be CAT5 or Coax.

If you want really high quality go Avigilon, if not look at either Axis or Mobotix.

If this cable was installed 10 years ago I highly doubt you have CAT6 more likely to be CAT5 or Coax.

If you want really high quality go Avigilon, if not look at either Axis or Mobotix.

Thanks, new cables installed recently by my TV guy.