Sign in to follow this  
blnonline

ACTi E72 or Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I

Hi All,

Please help me to decide to get ACTi E72 or Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I. The ACTi E72 costs more than twice of the Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I, and they have almost identical features, except the ACTi E72 has MicroSDHC.

Of course, I like the cheaper one, but I worry that if I miss something else. I currently have the E53, and I have to reboot it once a while because of the Troubleshooting page.

Thanks.

No contest, get the E72. First, the E72 is 3-axis vs. the Hikvision being 2-axis, a mounting headache for most. Second, ACTi will provide you better support (open a ticket online on the E53, it should not do that). Third, the Hikvision has light bleed issues I've been working with Hikvision to resolve, until they resolve it, I won't buy one. Fourth reason, ACTi provides pretty good NVR software for free and you already have an ACTi camera, so you can run both on the free software. The SD card slot is an advantage if you use it. If the Hikvision was 3-axis and they fixed the ir bleed issue, then you would have a fair contest.

So this ACTi E72 doesn't have a weak IR illuminator like some of the other reciewed ACTi's?

Thanks

Chucky

The illuminators may be the same but I would imagine the image quality at night to be better, like the E32. The way WDR works on the E74 and E72 is different. The E72 & E32 use image processing to create a WDR like effect by brightening dark areas. The E74 uses sensor tweaking + image processing for better WDR. But it has to drive gain higher to brighten up the darker areas, hence poorer low light sensitivity.

buellwinkle

I appreciate the clarification:

Could someone PM me with a good source to purchase this camera and other ACTi products.

Thanks

Chucky