Does anybody know if mobotix mxconnect works with other brands of Ip cams?

I like the look of the interface. My second choice is Milestone....But Mxconnect is free.

thanks in advance

Edited by Guest

I'm assuming you mean MX Control Center. Yes, it does support other ip cams as long as they have an mjpeg stream.

EOS Digital Services

Houston, TX

yes thats what i meant, I'm servicing a digiop dvr connect client while looking at the mobotix website. Brain cramp. thanks alot for the reply. I appreciate it.

Just so you don't get your hopes up, MXControlCenter is not NVR software, its' CMS software, meaning it does not record, not even for Mobotix cameras. It will play back what a Mobotix camera recorded though.

haha interesting

fwiw Milestone GO is free as long as you live in it's limitations, but once you're past what... 9 camera's? you're going to be spending enough on hardware that I cannot see spending a few dollars really hurting for software

so its Milestone xprotect essentials or Avigilon. Reseaching both now.

just ordered 4 samsung snd 7082's

looking for software that doesnt take a degree to set up and learn and is stable.

cost is of course a factor but its not the most important one.

thanks for the heads up on mobotix it saves me a download.

I called Milestone.. the telephone conversation left me wanting a bit more, the lady seemed to want me off the phone quickly and couldnt answer my questions. I was looking at the packages on B+hphoto and was trying to decipher the upgrades. She was confused.

Does Milestone only come as a download or can it be bought on disk?? B+H sells a license only. Points to the mfg for a DL.

popular place to buy Milestone>? Avigilon?

Thanks in advance for replys.

looking for software that doesnt take a degree to set up and learn and is stable.

I called Milestone.. the telephone conversation left me wanting a bit more, the lady seemed to want me off the phone quickly and couldnt answer my questions. I was looking at the packages on B+hphoto and was trying to decipher the upgrades. She was confused.

Does Milestone only come as a download or can it be bought on disk?? B+H sells a license only. Points to the mfg for a DL.

I have bought Milestone from www.techcctv.com

Milestone is a little techy to setup... so if you want what I'm told is "easier to setup" Avigilon might be it

Milestone have installers that you can download straight off their website, you can easily put them onto disk or USB key whatever to transport

If you are buying Milestone I would make sure you are buying from an Authorized Dealer. Most have trained techs and sales reps who can answer your questions and make sure you get the right version and licenses, and direct you to an easy place to download the right version. MIlestone stopped selling direct a little while ago and they strongly encourage using a certified partner for those reasons. Normally they want all sales questions to go to the partners.

http://www.milestonesys.com/Software/Additional-Resources/WheretoBuy/Reseller-Finder/