Land1

Router did not list Dahua NVR

I can view NVR tru my local network, but I Can not see it in my router devices connected, so I cannot setup port forwading for it, Is the http port # 80 and TCP port # 37777 needed to set for port forwarding ? I saw other port like UDP 37778 and RTSP 554 in NVR network settings, what are these ?

You only need http and tcp. If you can view the nvr thru explorer, than you know your IP already. Are you sure your in the right router? You should see it in connected devices?

me and AT&T tech checked my 2wire gateway router, we find other devices connected but not Dahua NVR or it's IP. I used home plug for Ethernet connections, router see my Q-see DVR but not show Dahua NVR

Also NVR type had POE built in and cameras plugged in.

If your NVR is not set for getting a DHCP address, it may not show up in the router's information, even though it's connected.

Try programming it with a static IP address that matches the router's subnet, but outside it's DHCP range (eg. if the DHCP addresses are in the 192.168.1.1-100 range, assign it 192.168.1.101, or something like that).

Then, create the correct port forwarding rules to that address in the router, and retry the remote access.

It may not say dahua nvr. It might just have an IP address. Are you sure you cannot see the same IP that you used to view

your NVR in IE?

Thanks for the infos. I set NVR pickup DHCP IP then I change to static, now Router see It. I still have trouble forwarding ports 80 and 37777. Router showed error about : other DVR are using same application, it have to be remove before setup NVR. I changed application names, but still no go. Can router handle 2 different surveillance system ? DVR and NVR . Port 81 and 9000 worked well for Q-see DVR.

The router itself is probably using port 80 (which is the default web page port) for it's management: either change it's management port, or the port settings in the NVR to something else.

If your NVR is not set for getting a DHCP address, it may not show up in the router's information, even though it's connected.

Try programming it with a static IP address that matches the router's subnet, but outside it's DHCP range (eg. if the DHCP addresses are in the 192.168.1.1-100 range, assign it 192.168.1.101, or something like that).

Then, create the correct port forwarding rules to that address in the router, and retry the remote access.

It's a known issue with the 2wire 27XX modem routers. DHCP *must* be enabled for port forwarding.

38XX series will allow you to configure static addresses with port forwarding.

Which ports do you have problem with? In the nvr, change 80 to 88. Open ports 88 and 37777 in the router. You should have no problem with ports 81 and 9000 being open as well, but if you must, try keeping them but just disable them.

You cannot forward the same port to two different IP addresses. Set your dvr to 8000 and your nvr to 9000. Than

for tcp, set your dvr to 37777 and your nvr to 38888.

You cannot forward the same port to two different IP addresses. Set your dvr to 8000 and your nvr to 9000. Than

for tcp, set your dvr to 37777 and your nvr to 38888.

I though port 8X for HTTP, ports 8xxx. or 9xxx.. for TCP, I use canyouseeme.org to check port open all ports was blocked. I had to use ATT Connect tech ( they charged $49 for service )to do remotely open port 81 and 9000 for my Q-see DVR, we had trouble open port 80 and 3777 for Dahua NVR. I am stuck only 1 system worked. I even asked them to change to NVR only for port forwarding, but we still unable to make Dahua work. So I have to go back for Q-see for now. I don't like Dahua system anymore for remote viewing.

Do as I said, than set four different port forward rules. Do not use the same port twice for anything. When you use

canyouseeme.org, and it says it does not see your port, that could also mean that your port forward rule is not set

correct, it could mean your nvr is turned off, it does not mean all the time that the port is blocked. When you use

canyouseeme, that site just tries to connect to your device with that specific port programmed, If it does not see it,

than it says that the port is blocked, thats all. Just try as I said, than forward each port to the correct IP address

of each device. You should have FOUR different port forward rules when your done.

Do as I said, than set four different port forward rules. Do not use the same port twice for anything. When you use

canyouseeme.org, and it says it does not see your port, that could also mean that your port forward rule is not set

correct, it could mean your nvr is turned off, it does not mean all the time that the port is blocked. When you use

canyouseeme, that site just tries to connect to your device with that specific port programmed, If it does not see it,

than it says that the port is blocked, thats all. Just try as I said, than forward each port to the correct IP address

of each device. You should have FOUR different port forward rules when your done.

I got what you mean. I had 4 different ports, but some how, the NVR set up have error like : application EDVR already been used by DVR,must be remove it from DVR before it can be use by NVR. So can I name any thing for different application name ? is this way work ?

You cannot name different port forward rules the same name. You can name it 'chicken' if you want. The name is only so you know what it is. It does not affect anything.

^^ that check first. Make sure that if you named your ports for the qsee something, you name the two ports for the dahua something entirely different. If your router makes you choose different application names, then choose another application name if it has a bunch of default app names in there. My router has tons of default game apps. If yours is being picky because you used one for the qsee, pick another to use for the dahua. Can't hurt trying at this point. But if your IPS service tech couldn't get 80 to talk- a port THEY control to open- something isn't right in the dahua. If you were on your own trying to open 80 I'd say it was blocked and you have to use something else.

It would be super helpful to take pictures of your dahua network screen and your router screen to see what you're seeing. I wouldn't give up on the dahua just yet. this is all spelling user error at the moment.