Sign in to follow this  
jdoggg1

Questionable Hikvision Customer Service

In light of my initial enthusiasm with HIK products, I thought I'd share my recent communication requesting info from the company.

Sent: Tuesday, August 6, 2013 12:31 PM

To: sales@hikvisionusa.com

Cc: overseasbusiness@hikvision.com; sales@hikvision.com

Subject: DS-2CD2132-I Wall Mount

Please respond to my other question specifically regarding the mount for the Hikvision branded dome that I purchased through a Hikvision authorized reseller. (The DS-2CD2132-I)

Thank you

From: Christopher Zenaty [mailto:chris.zenaty@hikvisionusa.com]

Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 10:23 AM

To: me atsomething.com] ; sales@hikvisionusa.com

Cc: sales@hikvision.com

Subject: RE: DS-2CD2132-I Wall Mount

jdoggg,

Please reach out to Costco for any support issues. At HIK Vision USA we only support HIK products.

Thank you

Our products are available at security distributers nationwide.

Christopher Zenaty

Sales Director North America

908 Canada Court

City of Industry, CA 91748

Office: (909) 895-0400

Direct: (917) 301-9020

Fax: (909) 595-2788

chris.zenaty@hikvisionusa.com

http://www.hikvision.com

NOTICE: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended for the named recipient(s) only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email from your system, and you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. This email has been swept by a virus software product for the presence of computer viruses. Hikvision USA, Inc. and its affiliates will not be liable as a result of any computer virus being passed on

Sent: Tuesday, August 6, 2013 12:31 PM

To: sales@hikvisionusa.com

Cc: overseasbusiness@hikvision.com; sales@hikvision.com

Hi,

I never received a response to my email below, sent on July 29. I would appreciate some support, please.

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 11:13 AM

To: 'sales@hikvisionusa.com'

Hello,

Where would I be able to find/purchase a wall mount/bracket for the DS-2CD2132-I? I recently purchased two and they aren’t fitting on my eaves very well, so I’d like to wall-mount them.

Also, I purchased the SWANN 1080P bullet camera from Costco (I believe is a re-branded Hikvision). I’d like to change the lens size, is that possible? Where would I be able to purchases the lenses?

Thank you,

jdoggg

sounds like how every manufacturer works, they direct you to their distributors. I'm pretty sure you can get a generic bracket and get it to work, at most, it might require drilling some small homes into the bracket to get it mounted.

sounds like how every manufacturer works, they direct you to their distributors. I'm pretty sure you can get a generic bracket and get it to work, at most, it might require drilling some small homes into the bracket to get it mounted.

Buy why would a manufacturer not at least provide me with a part number or dealer list in which to purchase the part? Having worked in software and computer hardware for a long time now, when I contact the manufacturer of a part that I need accessories for, at the very least I get, "Thank you for contacting us. We don't sell it directly, but for that "ABC" mototherboard you're going to want SLI connector part #XYZ123 from your local supplier"

A DIY solution isn't out of the question, but it'd be nice to be given the option for an OEM part with better fit/finish. Beyond any of those gripes, however, it's just good customer service. If I'm given this blase` of an answer from the sales team, what should one expect to see from the service/warranty side of things?

This is pretty much the standard for the inexpensive mid-range Chinese cameras like this. Accessories are often unavailable, even if you can find them on their website, and nobody sells spare lenses, even when they sell the same model with the different lens installed.

To get better service, you have to bump up to the better name brands, which usually means spending more for the same performance. The support costs them more, of course.

Manufacturers in this space do not like dealing with end users, heck, many don't even like working with resellers. I tried finding the bracket you asked for and it's not even on my distributor's price sheet.

For the Swann cameras you bought, even though you know it is OEMed from Hikvision.

You must contact Swann for support.

Though just letting you know, the lens on those camera are glued on.

Technically you can change it, I have seen people did it before. But it will be hard for you to get the right focus back.

Officially you cant do it, and it will void the warranty as well

You can purchase these cameras with different lens options from Hikvision official distributor (ADI, Tri-ed, CSC)

For the bracket recommendation, you can contact their office in California to talk to either tech support or sales assistant(both would be able to help you to choose a bracket, though if you have more technical questions, better to talk to tech support). The contact is on their website http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/contactHikvision.asp

Tel: +1 909-895-0400

Toll Free: +1 866-200-6690 (U.S. only)

Just don't mention SWANN.