slopolytech

What is the BEST DVR that has an iPhone APP?

Hey everyone,

First post wanted to get some opinions here.

I am looking for a 16 channel DVR that has an established iPhone app for remote viewing AND remote playback. We used to have a Geovision DVR card and used the GV-iView app, but the app is almost worthless with continuous connection errors due to shotty programming.

We are looking for a DVR that has 1) D1 @ 704 x 480 resolution 2) iPhone app with remote view & remote playback and 3) just a quality DVR overall

We also use I-Catcher DVR software at work, but requires purchasing a DVR card. The remote playback on the iPhone app seems pretty good, but would like to be able to view high quality live & recorded video. I believe the I-Catcher uses JPEG streaming but not sure.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!

P.S. I am considering a Digital Watchdog DW-VMAX480D...anyone have any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

To me, it doesn't get any better than this dvr-

http://www.securitycameraking.com/16-channel-ultimate-mini-series-59082-prd1.html

I have the 8 channel D1 30fps and these are just the best you're gonna get out of an analog dvr, imo. The apps for iphone and PSS software are all there for you. I use windows phone and couldn't be happier with the phone app. PSS is also excellent for remote software. All you have to do for playback on the phone is enable second stream recording in the dvr, and there you have it. Good luck to you.

you could try the APP Supercam all you do is put your ip to log on and then name your cameras and boom you have iphone monitoring! hope this helps

i got one, 16 channel professional d1 30fps x 16 i think, and it's great, and the app that you spend a couple bucks for is better than the free one, but both work.

it's a dahua as well.

there quite a lot choices for a DVR and can be viewed from an iPhone app.

1 iDVR-PRO16 16 CCTV Camera DVR on camerapros

2 Network security DVR 16 channel with 1TB hard drive on lorex

3 16CH H.264 CCTV Security DVR 500GB HDD with Internet & Smartphone Monitoring on cctvfocal

and there are more.

they can all meet your needs,just differ in configuration and prices.