ReViN

Night time picture adjustment - via OSD

Good evening, long time reader but first time poster.

I have recently installed my CCTV system which comprises of an AVTECH KPD675C DVR and two 30S-HVF-IR day/night cameras with a verifocal lens. I can provide a link to the cameras if required.

So far I have been really impressed with the quality of the image with the cameras, however, during the night I have noticed that the picture is really dark and the cameras do not seem to change over to black and white. I must presume that this does not happen as there is just enough light to keep the camera from switching over from colour. (Picture attached)

I am aware that it is possible to change the camera settings via the OSD, but I have no idea what settings to change to improve the picture quality. I have no doubt that if the camera switched to black and white it would make a massive difference with the quality.

I have read the OSD manual for my cameras but it does not explain what difference the settings would make when changed and I was wondering if someone could offer some advice on what to do. The OSD manual can be found here: http://cvs.ru/files/widelux_osd_manual-1117.pdf

At present the cameras are on default settings.

Thanks in advance. Stephen

image.jpg.232ec50c97e2dbb0e570dc566d4718ed.jpg

Hello,

I have check all specification on camera which seems not bad and you may check is lens Auto Iris or manual type? And you can setup 3D Noise reduce ON, WDR ON, DAN & NIGHT DAY.

but as I mentioned you better check lens in advance.

Since you have the IR version, in the day/night menu be sure it's set to auto1. Next try the IR WDR Level. Try each setting, that being off through high. With a setting of low, middle high, see how strong the IR is with each setting. It looks like you can adjust the IR within those settings from a 0-6 value as well. It's best to just adjust those settings to get an understanding of what they do. It's likely a sort of smart IR adjustment to avoid over saturating with IR as someone moves closer to the camera. Your problem however, seems to be that the IR isn't coming on. If you don't get BW and IR in auto1 mode, try auto2, although that seems to be for non IR cameras. It could still be worth a try if auto1 isn't working well. In auto2, try D/N [day/night sensitivity] to middle. Try filter delay on 5 seconds. That can help keep the camera from switching to night mode to quickly or back to day mode to quickly. Try putting night burst on, which can help lighten up the overall image when it goes into night mode, but can come at a cost of a more noisy image too. So try it off and on and see which is better, although you may have to try that setting on two separate nights as that is a quick setting that takes effect when initally switching over to night mode. Try one night with it on and the next night with it off and see. It looks like the 'initial set' is to save the setting in that menu so they take effect, which will probably cancel out auto1 and engage auto2 at night fall. I would keep all exposure settings at default. The only other thing you can try, if your day/night settings aren't quite getting you there, is sens up. It defaults at 8x so raise it incrementally. The balance you want to reach is that of a brighter night picture, but stop before it gets too noisy, and once set, confirm that moving objects don't become blurry. Sens up can be useful if it's at just the right amount, not too strong and not too weak. Good luck.