cachecreekcctv

Explain importance of ActiveX control

Just wondering if anyone could explain the importance of ActiveX control as far as being able to view remote DVR's/cameras via Internet. My new computer does not have it installed, as I ran a test from a previous thread in this forum, and it came back as not being installed. My old computer had this installed I am sure, but I believe it was already installed, a I had a close friend build it for me ( my last computer). Is this a necessity to install? Thanks

Depending on the make/model of a DVR, you will need to install the ActiveX control if you want to use a web browser to view cameras remotely. Some DVRs use their own "client software" to allow viewing, some do not, while others have both options.

1 - You would need to be using Internet explorer browser

2 - First time you will need to install the ActiveX Control - set Security Settings in the ActiveX section (Tools, Options, Security, Custom) to prompt where they are disabled

3 - Reload the page and click ok when it asks if you want to install such and such program. ONLY DO THIS WITH A WEB PAGE THAT YOU ARE CERTAIN IS LEGIT.

Jasper has had one too many muscle relaxants.

Thats bad when AtiveX becomes DirectX.

Sorry, it's the medication.