mysticav

expand geovision DVR

Is it posible to expand a 4-port 120fps geovision DVR to a 8 port ?? is there enay acccesory, are they stackable ?? What can be done ??

What card do you have?

Have you checked out Geo’s home page and read through what the accessories are for your card?

Usually the place you bought that card from can help you with that.

YEs. But I didn't find any accessory like a video input extension, etc.

The manual says that you can't add more than 1 PCI card. So, what's the solution ?

Video Input extension, I guess you referring to extending the dongles on the back of card?

I can’t give you a solution unless specify what you would like to do.

You still have(edit) "Not" told me what card you have. With such vague information you’re only going to get vague responses. I wish I could read minds, I would be able to join the Physic network.

Edited by Guest

Very clear, from the first post

check the bottom of the page, i think you may be able to add the extension cards ..? Maybe a Geo distributor here can tune in on this to let us know.

Rory

I am still confused as to what he has.

First he says he has 120fps card, then he says it’s a 20fps card.

If you go to Geovisions web site they say it is a 15fps card.

So no you’re still not clear, but good luck.

yeah not sure also, they both seem to have those extension card thingies at the bottom of the page .. im not sure ..

Rory

Nope. You have to buy a new card. The good news is they are relatively inexpensive and Geovision has been very good about upgrading their software and hardware over time. And all software updates are free. Unlike INTELLEX.

Sorry for my explanation but the idea was so simple. Some DVR brands allow you to add more than one PCI DVR card to your PC. for example, you buy 1 DVR card with 4 video inputs, you put it in one PCI slot. Then you want another 4 video inputs, so you can buy another dvr card and add it to another PCI slot. suddenly you will have 8 video inputs !!

But seems that geovision DVR's are not capable to work in that way,

so my question is : Is there any other solution to expand your video inputs other than buy a single 8 video input DVR card ??

Anyway, thanks for answering.

lpdog, thanks for clear my doubt.

The Geo won't allow you to add additional video inputs without swapping out the board. For what you want to do, I suggest getting a Kodicom system.

Scottj