spyda337

Need help with an installation

Hi, i am new here and also new to cctv systems

I have purchased a SUNLUXY 4CH CCTV SYSTEM H.264 STANDALONE DVR.

I have got the DVR and camera's to work perfectly but for some reason the DVR keeps giving me an error message saying the hdd was not found.

the HDD is a SATA 32GB Harddrive formatted to FAT32.

I have done everything i possibly can think of but had no joy, so if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this problem i would be VERY GREATFUL . i really need to get this cctv kit to work properly

Ok i am going to type my problem in a little bit more detail.

I have a SUNLUXY dvr, i have installed the dvr and camera's everything is working fine apart from the HDD.

The HDD is a Sata 40GB format is FAT32.

Everytime i turn my dvr on it comes up with a message saying HDD not found, i have formatted the HDD using my pc and then plugged it back into the DVR and still the same message.

In the instructions it say's i can use a usb storage device, well i have a memory stick that is 8GB and i tried plugging it in to see if it made any difference or to see if i could use that as a temp to record while i work out what the problem is with the HDD.

The usb stick works but only to a point, when it is plugged in i get a message saying "Your HDD Has caused an error, Please try formatting" so i format it. it takes around 5 minutes for it to format but still won't let me use it.

I really need to get this DVR recording it is very important as we i live people keep trying to break into my house but the police won't do anything because i have no evidence so please please please if someone can help me i would be extremely greaful.

Ok i am going to type my problem in a little bit more detail.

The HDD is a Sata 40GB format is FAT32.

it is best to use a standard hard drive WD will do you 500

The usb stick works but only to a point, when it is plugged in i get a message

usb needs your unit to have a working hard drive usb = backup from hard drive

What do you mean by a standard 500 harddrive? Are you on about a ide 500gb hdd?

The dvr only has sata leads, it doesn't have ide so that means I will uave to get a sata to ide converter.

What do you mean by a standard 500 harddrive? Are you on about a ide 500gb hdd?

The dvr only has sata leads, it doesn't have ide so that means I will uave to get a sata to ide converter.

Cut your losses and get it replaced from your supplier.

What you mean cut my losses? You mean contact the supplier for a replacement dvr? This dvr and 4 night vision cameras cost me 110 quid which is alot for me as I am unemployed

What you mean cut my losses? You mean contact the supplier for a replacement dvr? This dvr and 4 night vision cameras cost me 110 quid which is alot for me as I am unemployed

your hard drive is too small that's all your problem is.

The HDD is a Sata 40GB

sounds like second hand ssd drive from laptop

You have it spot on, it is out of my broken laptop so thats the problem?

Yes it's your problem .... Dvr software on first start up will go and look for installed hard drive.

Most dvrs will have a HD limit or size range. Your case it's should be 3.5 sata drive from 250 ... Upwards 1tb.

2.5 sata 40 will not work

thanks everyone for your help. i have now got it all setup, recording and running perfect . now though i want to set it up so it starts recording from 11pm till 7am but it doesn't explain how to set the timing up in the instructions. So wondering if anyone knew how to do this and would be able to tell me in step by step instructions?