LittleScoobyMaster

IR illuminators and grass

Can anyone tell me if ir illuminators can accidentally start grass fires when it's hot out and if they are too low to the ground, say, on speaker stands at 3 feet from the ground?

These would be 67 led illuminators and it's hot outside, 80's at night.

Can anyone tell me if ir illuminators can accidentally start grass fires when it's hot out and if they are too low to the ground, say, on speaker stands at 3 feet from the ground?

Not even hot enough to raise a sweat

Not even hot enough to raise a sweat

Good to know.

I eventually plan to mount them on the house somehow.

I just hate how ugly most surveillance equipment looks and I hate wrecking nice siding on a house, or drilling holes on the house. It's the bane of the industry unfortunately.

I wish there was an alternative.

How do most people overcome their desire to not put holes in nice vinyl siding? Is there like a psychologist I can see for this problem or something?

This is Nervous Nelly Syndrome... lol

I have customer who was afraid to change light switch cover by them self... They said they need electrician.

To each his own. Why are you afraid of drilling a hole in the wall? The house will collapse?

How do most people overcome their desire to not put holes in nice vinyl siding? Is there like a psychologist I can see for this problem or something?

How do they install electrical outlet outside? They cut a hole in siding if recessed or if surface mount you still need hole for wire. Wires are needed for many things....

or drilling holes on the house. It's the bane of the industry unfortunately.

This is Nervous . Syndrome... lol

I have customer who was afraid to change light switch cover by them self... They said they need electrician.

To each his own. Why are you afraid of drilling a hole in the wall? The house will collapse?

I've replaced all the light switch covers and AC outlet covers in my house with really nice looking ones. I'm not that bad I guess.

I just don't like drilling holes in the house in case I decide to change the IR illuminators to a new location or upgrade them, etc., same with camera's. And, I'm never completely satisfied with where I put stuff. I like to change things up all the time, and that's the main reason I don't like to make the holes. I re-design rooms and outdoor areas quite a bit, always trying to perfect a design, always tweaking stuff, never satisfied. It's probably difficult for many people to understand because it is a type of disorder most people don't have.

It's the same indoor and out. I rarely hang new things up indoors unless there are previous nail holes on the wall already there. I like to look at a wall and have it be pristine with no defects, etc. It takes me hours to put a new picture up in the house because of this. I'm sure I'm the only one on the planet like this. Maybe if I see a shrink, they will take me to a house that has a million holes in it and say, get used to it. I dunno.

I had the same thing. Didn't want to put holes in my siding. I mean, I paid a lot of money for it. Wasn't too eager to take it's virginity. But, after the first hole you get over it. The first hole is always the toughest- after that it's easy.

I had the same thing. Didn't want to put holes in my siding. I mean, I paid a lot of money for it. Wasn't too eager to take it's virginity. But, after the first hole you get over it. The first hole is always the toughest- after that it's easy.

Been trying to take that step for years now.

Maybe someday. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for sun damage to siding, otherwise you could just replace the hacked up holey bits with new stuff.