Sign in to follow this  
texag09

ONVIF PTZ For Baby Monitor

My wife would like to add a PTZ camera to nursery at home. We currently have a Dahua IP DVR system. I have searched online and can not find a reasonable priced PTZ camera with IR that is ONVIF compliant and works with our existing hardware.

We purchased a cheap Foscam PTZ that does a decent job for what we are trying to accomplish, but it will not work with our existing system.

Features we are looking for

-PTZ

-POE

-ONVIF compliant

-2 way audio

-IR

My wife would like to add a PTZ camera to nursery at home. We currently have a Dahua IP DVR system. I have searched online and can not find a reasonable priced PTZ camera with IR that is ONVIF compliant and works with our existing hardware.

We purchased a cheap Foscam PTZ that does a decent job for what we are trying to accomplish, but it will not work with our existing system.

Features we are looking for

-PTZ

-POE

-ONVIF compliant

-2 way audio

-IR

what is the budget, and what kind of resolution are you looking for. PTZ does not come cheap usually, then there is the 2 way audio capabilities.

Just put in a couple MP cameras with IR in them to cover the whole room. Rely on your two way audio in the nvr, rather than a camera. With 1080 and e-zooming with MP cameras, I can't imagine why you'd want an actual ptz.

Budget would be about $200 per camera. How does 2 way audio work on ip cameras. Some of them say they have audio i/o, but what additional hardware do I need to make it work?

Essentially my wife would like to be able to listen and talk to the baby in their room.

The only reason you'd want audio in the camera is to record it, because 2 way audio in an nvr doesn't get recorded- it's just for 2 way communication which is what you're looking for anyway. So don't spend a fortune on a camera that includes audio if all you want is two way audio without recording it- your nvr already has that capability built in. As for the setup, this vid may be helpful. You need a cctv microphone in the nursery, plus a speaker.

REJgL0b8SRc