dapopa9

Blue Iris vs Exacq Vision - questions

Wow. I use, and am still buying, Exacq systems, but I'll easily admit that Avigilon is a great product. In the end Exacq was significantly cheaper and still met all my needs and more. Were it not for Exacq then I would be using Avigilon myself.

It's fine to not like a product, but at least try not to come off crazy when talking about it! Some things may be true, but it will get lost in the rest unless your arguments are clear and have real proof or good examples.

Actually, all these comments that originated from John Honovich of IPVM fame are not new, they are from 9 months ago on his rant on Avigilon and was discussed here 9 months ago. So maybe, just a wild arse guess, can A*worker be John?

Actually, all these comments that originated from John Honovich of IPVM fame are not new, they are from 9 months ago on his rant on Avigilon and was discussed here 9 months ago. So maybe, just a wild arse guess, can A*worker be John?

John likes to stir the pot but I highly doubt he or his people would do this. This seams like someone is just interested to give Avigilon a black eye for whatever reason by posting this ridiculous information

The person that posted this info also is hosting IPVM info and that is a big no no.... John will not be very happy

LOL, some people here are passionate about their brands. I get passionate when something cool comes out and then 3 months later it's the latest new toy.

Seriously, install them all, same PC, run them for their trial period and see. I have BlueIris, ACTi NVR3 and Milestone XProtect all on one PC, an old i3 at that.

To clarify and close this out, Alex K alerted me to the misuse of IPVM's reports and I immediately filed a DMCA take down request with SlideShare.

I have no idea who avigilonworker is. Moreover, if I want to say something, positive or negative, about Avigilon, I would say it on IPVM, as I regularly do.

Buellwinkle, good luck getting an Avigilon camera. Perhaps you can do like us and just buy them with your own money.

To clarify and close this out, Alex K alerted me to the misuse of IPVM's reports and I immediately filed a DMCA take down request with SlideShare.

I have no idea who avigilonworker is. Moreover, if I want to say something, positive or negative, about Avigilon, I would say it on IPVM, as I regularly do.

Buellwinkle, good luck getting an Avigilon camera. Perhaps you can do like us and just buy them with your own money.

Hi, John!

Do you have instrument to check who's post this info? Or who downloaded it from your web before posting?

Just interesting.

With respect to the original topic, blue iris was updated yesterday with a database that will allow synchronized playback. The playback feature is not implemented yet but it should be coming soon.

3.33.00 - September 7, 2013

A very major update for a mere 0.01 version number increment. This release drastically overhauls clip management by introducing a custom clip database. At the expense of a small amount of HDD space there are huge savings in CPU and memory utilization, and the possibility for the management of 100,000's of clips now exists. This also opens the door for many, many customer requested improvements such as synchronized playback, tags, and much more.

As a immediate direct result of this new db you may today view Stored as well as New clips remotely via browser or client app.

Mobile app updates will be necessary to restore the clip-delete capability.

The new database will be created by default at C:\BlueIris\db. This location may be altered on the Options/Clips page but should be set for your fastest local storage or SSD if available. You may regenerate the db at anytime by right-clicking in the clip view, Database->Regenerate.

The Database->Compact/Repair action removes deleted records, records with missing clips, and resets the recording status and file size if the system was shutdown unexpectedly. The Compact/Repair may be ran automatically once per day according to a setting on the Options/Clips page.

When Compact/Repair or Regenerate is running, database updates must be suspended, so all camera recordings will be closed. If you have 24 hr mission critical recording, you can disable this automatic Compact/Repair and perform it manually at your convenience, however the database will continue to grow with deleted records.

With respect to the original topic, blue iris was updated yesterday with a database that will allow synchronized playback. The playback feature is not implemented yet but it should be coming soon.

3.33.00 - September 7, 2013

A very major update for a mere 0.01 version number increment. This release drastically overhauls clip management by introducing a custom clip database. At the expense of a small amount of HDD space there are huge savings in CPU and memory utilization, and the possibility for the management of 100,000's of clips now exists. This also opens the door for many, many customer requested improvements such as synchronized playback, tags, and much more.

As a immediate direct result of this new db you may today view Stored as well as New clips remotely via browser or client app.

Mobile app updates will be necessary to restore the clip-delete capability.

The new database will be created by default at C:\BlueIris\db. This location may be altered on the Options/Clips page but should be set for your fastest local storage or SSD if available. You may regenerate the db at anytime by right-clicking in the clip view, Database->Regenerate.

The Database->Compact/Repair action removes deleted records, records with missing clips, and resets the recording status and file size if the system was shutdown unexpectedly. The Compact/Repair may be ran automatically once per day according to a setting on the Options/Clips page.

When Compact/Repair or Regenerate is running, database updates must be suspended, so all camera recordings will be closed. If you have 24 hr mission critical recording, you can disable this automatic Compact/Repair and perform it manually at your convenience, however the database will continue to grow with deleted records.

I don't run bi prolly never will but reading about what their doing with it amazes me!

Why not?

What do you use?

I don't run bi prolly never will but reading about what their doing with it amazes me!

I'm one of those people that are using one of the swann / hikvision systems.

Sure it's not the best product. But as an IT guy who deals with enterprise products and security systems at work that run on windows, I really wanted a system that just worked and the warranty support and backing of Costco.

I waffle on this every day. Lol

Ken is good at adding new features to Blue Iris and his price point cant be beat...

I think Blue Iris is one of the best surveillance software for home use.

Sure it's not the best product. But as an IT guy who deals with enterprise products and security systems at work that run on windows, I really wanted a system that just worked and the warranty support and backing of Costco.

I agree, very good value for the money for home users, small amount of cameras. To me synchronized multi-camera playback is key. Take Maxicon who prides himself on having 2-3 cameras together to form one 180 degree view, imagine trying to play that back one camera at a time, not practical.

Ken is good at adding new features to Blue Iris and his price point cant be beat...

I think Blue Iris is one of the best surveillance software for home use.

Actually, even when I'm viewing these on the Aver software, which does use multi-cam sync views, I mostly use single cam views, since you get the motion detect indicators on the 24x7 timeline, and don't get those on the multi-cam views.

So what you are saying is don't use Aver software? Because all the NVR software I played with, short of BlueIris shows timelines on multi-camera playback. It's really awesome, you slide the timeline and multiple cameras go on/off as you slide it and you see all that's happening as fast as you want to slide the time line.

Thats what I want for Blue Iris...

So what you are saying is don't use Aver software? Because all the NVR software I played with, short of BlueIris shows timelines on multi-camera playback. It's really awesome, you slide the timeline and multiple cameras go on/off as you slide it and you see all that's happening as fast as you want to slide the time line.

I'm saying I don't use the multi-cam timeline feature on the Aver software very often. Generally, when I'm looking at the Aver recordings, it's because something happened that I partially missed on the motion detect system. I know what cam's got the area of interest, and the motion detect indicators on the Aver timeline let me get to it quickly.

In these cases, I'm looking at a specific time window and a specific cam. I don't have a lot of need to review multiple cams at the same time, but when I do, it's a very handy feature.

If it showed motion detect indicators for all the cams' timelines on the multi-cam view at once, I'd probably use it more. I don't know if the other multi-cam view systems do this or not. I'm also a rev or two behind on the Aver software, so don't know if they've added anything like that.

ACTi NVR3 shows all the timeline with the recording marked on the timeline for all cameras being played back. Milestone shows a timeline for one camera, the one selected so you would have to click on camera to see it's timeline, but it's fast. There may be a way to see all timelines for each cameras at once, but haven't found it. Synology Surveillance Station, like ACTi NVR3 shows the timeline for all the cameras being played back.

So what you are saying is don't use Aver software? Because all the NVR software I played with, short of BlueIris shows timelines on multi-camera playback. It's really awesome, you slide the timeline and multiple cameras go on/off as you slide it and you see all

If it showed motion detect indicators for all the cams' timelines on the multi-cam view at once, I'd probably use it more. I don't know if the other multi-cam view systems do this or not. I'm also a rev or two behind on the Aver software, so don't know if they've added anything like that.

here is example for you

Avigilon time line for multi cam playback

u can almost pick any combination for cam view

1309403667_24cam.jpg.a5bf831c2f58b6abb1a2a05d787a1f19.jpg