Camera Man

Camera freezing DVR when logging into remote view

Hiya folks,

Long time....

So I have an issue. I have an oooooooold DVR, a Qsee qsc9004. The unit has been fine for years, no complaints for it gets the job done for me but something weird has cropped up.

One of my outdoor cameras failed a year or 2 ago, so I replaced it with a CNB VBM-24VF. Everything worked fine till today, I logged in via an app on my phone: Night Owl lite and asee on my ipad. I haven't needed remote viewing for a while, but I do now. In the past, when the other outdoor camera worked, I used to periodically login.

With the new camera, when I login remotely to view the camera feeds, something goes wonky in the unit. The camera numbers and time disappear of the screen (monitoring the DVR directly with a connected LCD monitor where it is installed) but the video feed remains on the screen. The mouse pointer disappears and I have no access into any menus. Sometimes I will get a feed for a brief amount of time. If I logout and log back into the DVR, there is no connection and the DVR is in the state as I posted above.

If I disconnect the CNB VBM-24VF, everything works fine. I've checked to make sure the baud rate matches the unit and it does, but I am not sure what else to check. I've been searching for an answer for the past 3 days and the only solution I've come up with is to not use the CNB VBM-24VF since I can't seem to find anyone else that has had a similar problem.

I really like the CNB VBM-24VF. Does anyone have any idea why it would freeze a DVR when connected AND a remote viewing session is initiated? As I said, if I don't login via an app on my ipad or android phone, the DVR is fine.

The only other solution I came up with is a new DVR, but I would like to avoid spending the cash if possible.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Dennis.

Thanks for your response. PSU for the camera or the DVR? I think I may have a spare PSU to suit it. Will check now.

Thanks again

Tom

OK, 2nd choice. Have you reformatted the hard-drive lately? Won't get into the why's and wherefore's, but that should be done from time to time. A few weeks ago, our local police department was complaining of locking up, no record at times, etc. Told him to reformat he HD and see what happens. FIXED!!!! If that doesn't cure your issue, we'll have to move to #3.

Hi Dennis,

Ok, I reformatted the drive, restarted the unit (powered down then back up) and the problem remains. Oddly, in the evening after I did the format, the dvr functioned via remote view. I must have logged in and out about 20 times with 2 different devices even simultaneously viewing the feed. The following morning, back to lockup. I do have the dvr set to reboot once a day.

I have no clue at this point. If I had the unit in my shop, maybe then I could figure out something. The thing is, that if it's very old, it wouldn't be worth paying somebody to check it out. Why do you have it rebooting everyday?. Don't even know why I'm suggesting this, but stop the rebooting, reformat and try again.

I have the exact same problem with a ZMODO H9104v dvr. Every time I try to connect using the mobile port, the dvr hangs and then reboots. If I connect using Internet Explorer it works just fine. Has anybody find a solution for this?