Brenning

Dahua IPC-HFW4300S - New 3mp Bullet

I should have the 3mp bullet about 2-3 weeks from today. I ordered about 10 of them. I will post sample pics and video once I get on up and running.

ah so no inbuilt mic just the ability to send it over ethernet. Will ask the company if they can supply mic's as well. Can you really record that much on a 32gb card though? Would be good if you could set it to record to card then when you turn on PC that the card video is downloaded to the PC where I have 5TB of storage.

Edit : meant to ask have you looked at this new 3301 or do you think its pretty much a 3300 only with WDR?

3300c has WDR, HLC, BLC all the TLA's. I believe the new cameras ending is 01 are the same except designed to sell for less money since they are using the cheaper Aptina sensor instead of the Sony Exmor. I can get them through my U.S. distributor but he said there's been no interest in them so he hasn't stocked any. There are a few authorized OEM distributors in the U.S., not sure it's worth getting from China with the high shipping and warranty issues.

companies over here in the UK are charging a load more for the 3301 though see http://www.ipcamerasuk.co.uk/bullet-ip-cameras/3-megapixel-bullet-cameras now these are high prices!! One of the Chinese companies is charging $330 for the 3301 and only $280 for the 3300 so what do you think the extra $50 really gets if the sensor is cheaper? Is there a difference between DWDR (D for digital I presume?) and WDR on the spec of the cameras?

Sorry not great on the terms what is/are TLA's?

Any recommendations on mics?

TLA is "three letter acronyms", LOL.

I can tell you it's the opposite for me, my wholesale distributor in HK charges about $20 less for these, but I like where this is going. If I can get them for $20 cheaper and sell them for $30 more on perception, that's $50 in my pocket.

TLA brilliant I was googling it and everything thinking what can that mean maybe its something I need to learn more about.

Is that the HK one you mentioned to me before with the lady called Cherry?

yes had a few email chats with her. Think there was a bit of a language barrier and she kept giving me her own product codes. I kept asking were these for their own make of camera or Dahua she finally said Dahua but my confidence had gone. Think she was $300 approx for the 3300 not sure if I ever got a price for the 3301 but all others have definitely been much more expensive.

Like you say change in sensor appears to be main thing and addition of WDR although the 3300 has DWDR what ever the difference is I don't know except its a TLA to a FLA !!

luckyfella

we have experience with 5832, i think it has same performance as 5808, some of recent installation was 20 pieces of their cameras at 2048X1536, 4Mbps limited bandwidth and 15 fps each. It didn't handle the load. We were recommended to apply latest firmware but had not time for it yet. Customer dropped frames to 6fps@4Mbps and it is ok

FYI there are a few sellers on Amazon selling the HFW4300S for $185 + shipping. That's less than the 4200! I just ordered one to compliment my 4100, can't wait to compare the PQ (I'm sure it's night and day). Will report back with my feedback as soon as I've done some streams and recordings.

It won't be night difference as you think. Keep in mind, your display screen is only 1080p at most, so the 2mp bullet will look

pretty much the same as the 3mp. Only when you digitally zoom in, you will see a slight difference. And also, the higher

the megapixel, the harder the IR's need to work, so make sure there is sufficient lighting where you install the camera.

It can be hard to get firmware support on amazon and ebay Dahuas, so you should check that the vendor will support you. I've never been able to get either Dahua or K&D to support the firmware for either of my Dahuas - one bought on ebay, one from someone selling an extra K&D branded Dahua. Just something to consider.

I can believe that. Fortunately, there's a good deal of info on these cameras online so I didn't have any trouble with my HFW4100 which I bought unbranded via Amazon (I think from Security Camera King in FL).

@luckyfella - you're probably right, though it's still a no brainer to get the 4300 when it costs less than the 4200. Certainly can't hurt to have the extra resolution for post processing.