buellwinkle

Warning on Firmware Updates - Hikvision/Derytech

No I'm right, LOL. Really I am though. If the mod doesn't mind, I'll give you the history, if not, delete it.

I asked my distributor that sells many brands for Hikvision cameras, told him I can sell a whole bunch of these, so the owner who also owns this other company in Taiwan, Derytech struck an OEM agreement with Hikvision to sell these as Derytech because selling them as Hikvision USA was $100/cam more.

blullwinkle....... your not right..........or your distributor gives you crap info.

which I take you know by now as you sent Mr Wu.

my post was just to make something clear ....... that Derytech tw has NOTHING to do with hikvision or ANYTHING to do with the now closed Derytech usa .

as soon as I seen your post derytech.tw I knew 100% it was wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

WE or our name are not or part of Derytech USA and we do not sell or ship HIKVISION

Thank You.

Jack Wu

-----------------------------------------------------------------

what is interesting is the name Derytech.com and who owns it. which I think you already know.

as the company name had to be removed from there website and also the web for copyright

Just out of curiosity, what do you gain but updating to hikvision firmware?

Documented fixes that they post, not having to rely on a third party,...other than that I have no idea

Tomcctv, you are correct, there are two Derytech companies, both from what I've been told are based in Taiwan, but the link from the distributor goes to the .com site which is not built yet.

there are two Derytech companies, both from what I've been told are based in Taiwan

what part of the guys email did you not understand. nothing to do with derytech usa.

do a google on ....... derytech hikvision

Used to get them from gsscctv.com, if you go to their website, click on the logo for Derytech, it takes you to Derytech.com. Maybe they screwed up, IDK. Is that not correct?

zikronix, thanks for all your testing! Nothing like repeatable checks to verify the issues. I was starting to get worried, as the reason I bought these rebranded Hiks was to have easy access to firmware from an official source, but it sounds like it's good to go with 5.0.0 or later.

Do we know which version causes the password reset problem? The Swann I tested upgraded to the Hik 5.0.0 firmware without any issues. I'll have to look back in my notes to see what it had before the upgrade.

I don't have that info but I can confirm on swann nvr the first two firmware they released had this problem and Joey Joey had this problem when he flashed his Lorex with official hikvision firmware. When the admin account thing happens on the nvr it has to have the admin account recreated and how many ports were available. The latest hikvision software for their nvr don't exhibit the problem

question

so say i upgrade derytech firmware to latest one on wrightwood

can i then flash hikvision firmware on top of it without any problems? i'm actually afraid to give that a try though.

question

so say i upgrade derytech firmware to latest one on wrightwood

can i then flash hikvision firmware on top of it without any problems? i'm actually afraid to give that a try though.

depends...if your running a 5 based firmware then youll probably be ok. but that's what I would do

Interesting - I just checked my cams from the N-place, and the firmware is V5.0.0 130412. I'm curious about what's different between the identical version numbers with different date codes.

The model number is NC-KBU32 - presumably these are Derytech? Nothing on the packaging or in the firmware mentions this brand. They don't have any logo, as they're still on the firmware they shipped with.

Interesting - I just checked my cams from the N-place, and the firmware is V5.0.0 130412. I'm curious about what's different between the identical version numbers with different date codes.

The model number is NC-KBU32 - presumably these are Derytech? Nothing on the packaging or in the firmware mentions this brand. They don't have any logo, as they're still on the firmware they shipped with.

My dome cameras from DeryTech have model numbers NC-KDO32 and have the same firmware version you list above. I am guessing your cameras are bullets?

Yes, that is the Derytech model # from GSS, but where you got it from actually buys them from a sub-distributor that GSS sells to, but they all came from the same exact batch of cameras.

And the Wrightwood firmware version appears to be 130618, right? They don't list the version number in the post, but that's the date on the digicap file.

so what is the firmware version that we should be careful with? Just to make sure i have it right.

I am ready to give it a try. Where I can get hikvision 5.0.2_13805 f/w?

I found the firware on the Hikvision Europe site. Does anybody have fool proved step by step firmware upgrade instructions?

I am ready to give it a try. Where I can get hikvision 5.0.2_13805 f/w?

I found the firware on the Hikvision Europe site. Does anybody have fool proved step by step firmware upgrade instructions?

Heres the problem...Hikvison had a firmware problem, with some earlier firmwares, erasing the admin account. It happened to me on a swann nvr, flashing from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 but beyond that it has worked fine. (which is just a hikvision) and it happened to joey joey. I suspect that is exactly what happened to buellwinkle. With that being said I down graded my cameras to the new derytech firmware 13618 and upgraded to the hikvision 13805. I also took one of my new derytech 13719 and upgraded to 13805.

If you have a really early firmware on your derytech camera, it could be more risky going directly to hikvision 13805, additionally it could also be risky going to a later derytech firmware from an early one for the same reasons.

If the admin account disappears you could always try the tftp method or do the one time pass reset via hikvision.

insttuctions are above

Thank you zikronix, we really own your guys for trying and taking the risk.

My Cameras are NC-KBU32 with f/w V5.00_130719, if I understood everything correctly I should be able to upgrade to 13805 with no issues (Don't worry, I will not blame you if fail). What I was missing is how to do the web f/w upgrade, but I found it under Configuration/Maintenance. I think I am ready now, lol

My Cameras are NC-KBU32 with f/w V5.00_130719, if I understood everything correctly I should be able to upgrade to 13805 with no issues (Don't worry, I will not blame you if fail). What I was missing is how to do the web f/w upgrade, but I found it under Configuration/Maintenance. I think I am ready now, lol

correct you should...should be able to flash directly from the web

correct you should...should be able to flash directly from the web

Mission accomplished " title="Applause" />