disciple

DVR mobile viewing

Hi,

I'm a total noob when it comes to cctv thing. Right now i'm having difficulty trying to view a dvr/cctv via mobile (android/blackberry). Honestly I joined the forum because i don't know where else to go. I hope there's plenty of gurus here care to help me out.

The system is not actually mine, it is my friend's. He asked me to set it up at his new house, and wanting to monitor them with any available media (computer, tv and mobile)

So he bought this Angeleyes 16 channel H2.64 DVR along with 7 ip cameras. 3 vivotek IP8332 and 4 vivotek FD8134. He use his Linksys WRT54G router (already flashed with DD-WRT firmware) to connect to a cable modem.

Let me tell you that the DVR has 2 working modes in it. It can work with standard cctv camera with BNC connector as well as IP cameras with RJ45 connector.

Here are the settings i set up on them:

The cameras

- I set a static IP to each of them and goes like 192.168.1.20 - 192.168.1.26

- All of them keep their default http port which is port 80

- For rtsp connection their default ports are 554, i didn't change any of them

Connected all of them to the router with LAN cable

Checked one by one through local connection with computer browser (firefox, IE, chrome)

All is working perfectly. I can view the camera feeds/streaming and can configure the settings in them

The DVR

- Made some settings so it accept input from the IP cameras

- Default IP is 192.168.1.10 (not changed)

- Default Mobile view port 34599 (not changed)

- Default HTTP port 80 (not changed)

- Default Web port 34567 (not changed)

HDMI connected to TV

LAN port connected to the router

I can see all camera feed from the TV, and can go to it with the computer by internet browser locally to 192.168.1.10:80, and accessing it with it's own software (CMS 3) which is using port 34567.

The router

- Forwarded external port 12345 to port 80 on the DVR

- Forwarded external port 34567 to port 34567 on the DVR

- Forwarded external port 34599 to port 34599 on the DVR

- Even forwarded the rtsp ports from each of the cameras (7 of them) with 3330 - 3336 pointing to each IPs of the cameras port 554

- Sets up a DDNS account i made from No-IP on it (the ISP change the WAN IP regularly so i think i needed to set DDNS)

- Sets up a remote access on the router so i can access it from home

The PC i use to set up all of the above are next to the router. And i think i might need to use it remotely from home (when i need to), so i asked my friend if it's ok if i set a remote access to it. He said to go ahead, so i set up a WOL to it and forwarded the necessary port in the router, and finally use RADMIN as ther controller software.

OK, all is set. It's time to go home

At home, using my internet browser I tried to access the router, checked.

I tried accessing the DVR software view via the CMS (using port 34567), checked

Tried to access the DVR with firefox/chrome (forwarded port 12345 to DVR port 80), checked

Now when i tried to view using my android and blackberry cellphone (port 34599), it just stuck with a black background. I use Vmeye and Meye software which is recomended by the DVR User Manual to view with android and blackberry devices. All of this test is using the DDNS address that i set on the router.

The next day i go to my friend's house and tried to access it locally by wifi with my mobile, but like yesterday, it just show blanks. I know i set the software settings right. I even change the Host as the local IP of th DVR and port on 34599.

I don't know what i miss. The software just keep saying "Connecting", "Buffering", "Playing" and then "No response" over and over on android and blackberry.

I would like to know if there's anyone ever have this problem and solved it? Maybe you can share the solution and help me with it. Thank you

PS:

As you can all see the system i set up above doesn't really need any DVR/NVR for it to work. The only reason the DVR is there is because IP cameras or the router won't have any way to display the camera feed/stream to his TV. Now it can also record videos from the cameras without having the computer turned on 24/7

Edited by Guest

After searching this forum for threads with the keyword "34599", i can not find any "solved" similar case. I read all those threads, and some comments are really tipical. "login with admin account", "account priviledge", "forward port 34599 in router", "what is your dvr model", "can you view locally with mobile", etc. Not really helping. There's one comment that really make sense i think. "reduce the stream's frame rate and the resolutions". I've done that but still no luck. Well i guess i can only blame the DVR unit then. Maybe it has some flaws in it, i don't know. The DVR is made in China, it's Angel Eyes 16 channel H264 hybrid DVR AE-D16S16ES. I don't know where he bought it, and i think he can't return and get a refund because it is a working product (just not with mobile viewing). And i know it should support and work with mobile view because the menu said so (there is this mobile view port submenu in the service menu...doh)

Did you set the cameras to sub-stream for remote viewing? The mainstream is just too large for mobile browsers, on mine. Substream worked great remotely but the main would never load.

hi daveshoot, thanks man

thank you for replying my thread. i really appreciate it.

yes i have set the sub/extra channel and tried various fps/bandwidth/quality available in the DVR settings menu, and also in the IP camera config menu. even the lowest possible setting that make sense (6fps, standard quality, QCIF(176x144), h2.64/mpeg4 compression) does not work on blackberry. about the android, i just need to set it to lower fps from 15 to 8fps. the problem with blackberry still remain the same. buffering but no view, just black screen.

Never heard of that DVR; but seeing it uses Meye, I guess it is just some cheap no brand H264 hybrid from China.

Only thing I can tell you is, use the mobile program that comes on the CD included with the unit. Do not download it from Google Play/App Store, try it with the one that comes with the unit. If you can not get it working with that, too bad. I have tried some of these cheap units, and sometimes the time I have to investo to get mobile viewing working is more than the cost of the unit.

If you can not get it working at all; since you have already forwarded all RTSP ports to each camera, I would just forget about MEye, and use IP Cam Viewer (you have free and paid version on Google Play). With it you might have some luck connecting to the unit, but if you can't, you will be able to view for sure the cameras on the RTSP streams (no playback, but live view is better than nothing).

+1,

I know this is an old topic, but I had to give in my 2 cents. I was searching to download any program that views dvrs using port 34567 and i stumbled accross this subject.

I have successfuly utilized these cheap chinese dvrs with mobile viewing and can say it is an issue with the software made for the blackberries. Iphonr no issues, android no issues. Using the CD that come with them DVRs i realized refresh rate issues, screen size issues and buffering issues with different blackberries.

Anyways if you can test it out with a different blackberry it can be possible to confirm the issue.

As for my experience the bold 9700 was the ONLY blackberry withOUT any issues to be able to view via mobile. 9780 had resulution issue can view full image but cant see program buttons, so yer stuck on cam 1. the torch had screen sliced in a way you cant see anything almost, and older bold 9000 will show you one frame and then entire program would freeze, forgot what issue was with the bold 9900, other blackberry models also failed for remote viewing. I say try the bold 9700 with all cameras set to substream qcif even if at 20 fps it worked with me.