Anybody use this camera? Thoughts? I'm looking for a good day/night IP cam but most importantly something with a decent low light capability. I will be using about 30 cams total so I need something reliable. Plus toshibas management software is cheap, but I plan on using Luxriot anyhow.

0.2 lux, it claims. Worth looking at with the specs it has, though the name still doesnt say CCTV nor IP ..

Anyway, if you want to use it for low light make sure get something like a F:1.0 lens stop if it really does 0.2 lux (would have to be Exview unless its doing it digitally), though f:1.3/f:1.4 can be very good as well depending on the camera, i just did a f:1.3 Computar 5-50mm lens and that along with the GE DN2000 camera saw in color in lighting like i havent seen since the old Kalatel Exview f:0.95 days ..

I'm also going to play with its built in SD Card option as it has built in motion. I have a warehouse at a remote location that gets little to no action but would be nice to find something cost effective. Otherwise I would need to go wireless and a Tx/Rx retails for about $1,000

What 4-9mm lens would you recommend for this?

I'm also assuming that this camera is a "digital" day/night. Agree?

Have you heard of Toshibas "NetCam DVR" Service? They handle all the recording for a monthly fee!!!!

And.....how does POE work, how many pair does IP cams need? 2 pair, just like internet? Then POE uses 1 pair, leaving 1 pair "empty"?

this lens right here for real low lighting ..

http://www.fujinoncctv.com/pdfs/cctv0904/YV27x29LA-SA2.pdf

f:0.95 2.9-8mm

Another thing to note is alot of these new Fujinon's and Computar's have built in Neutral Density Filters to help work with lower lux rated cameras for extra low lighting apps.

As for the camera, its in no way a Day Night at all .. Its a color camera.

A minimum BW mode camera (DN or BW) would be at the least 0.1 lux .. while most true Day Night or BW cameras will be 0.01 lux .. all approx. It may however have a Color-Mono mode but the specs dont say.

Rory

wheres the actual link, i was looking on other online store sites that came up in google ..

Rory

looking at the details now. This Computar 5-50mm I have here right now is f:1.3 and works well in low light, extremely well actually.

Though Fujinon has a similar model:

http://www.fujinoncctv.com/pdfs/cctv0904/YV10x5B-SA2.pdf

I prefer Fujinon lenses myself if i can get my hands on them, easier to setup imo. GE also uses Fujinon lenses i believe as they are all the same specs, and kalatel lenses used to be Fujinon.

http://www.fujinoncctv.com/lenses/index.shtml

The Tamron 2.8-12mm AI lens also worked well for the IR application for over 5 years, and it wasnt even an IR specific lens as they had none back then. http://www.tamron.com/cctv/prod/13vm550.asp

A slightly higher F/stop than the others, but worked well.

Rory

Its 0.2 lux if using a f:1.0 stop lens.

It sais it has a DN function but that means very little since it doesnt say whether it has a lower lux rating in Mono mode, and doesnt say if it has an IR Cut Filter. So basically, yeah it has to be a digital Color-Mono camera with a fixed IR cut Filter - I imagine they call it Day Night as it cuts out the chroma as does Color Exview cameras, so you get a black and white mode but no lower lux level, which is simply slightly less noise in low light, as there is no saturation.

0.2 lux at F:1.0 isnt that great though.

sleep, whats that??

I still gotta play with this 5-50mm lens some more first anywayz

time to break open the lens cleaning kit again ..

The camera works great and its functionality is awesome but its only JPEG compression, and thats just eating the bandwidth.....

Hopefully running 15 of these on a 40MB network to a DVR will work. What do you guys think?

Do you have Gigabit LAN? You should be fine. Depending on your pre-existing network congestion, you will probably be fine. Worst case scenario is you play with resolution/fps.

40MB is more than enough to stream 30 FPS per camera for 15 cameras through your LAN. I would be willing to say that 10MB is plenty.

Scottj

Since a 100Mbps network can only handle 12.5MB per sec, 30fps @ max resolution x 15 cams is going to test the limits, assuming there is not much other network activity on the same LAN.

The camera wasn't too bad, given that there was decent light. Its a digital day/night camera and does alright at night. There's alot of features packed into the camera and I'll be using 15 of them on a job soon. Rory can comment some more on its performance if your interested! Not a bad camera overall for the money.

Yep, it looked as good as the analogue version, same thing really, they just stuck an IP server inside ..

Rory