gonzogg

PIR + IP Camera + NVR Software

Can anybody recommend a working solution of a PIR connected to a camera input and a software able to detect the triggered motion detection from the PIR?

This is what I am trying to do:

I do want to have push notification motion alarms, but with video motion detection I keep getting too many false alarms due to bugs at night. Even with the flexibility of Axxon Next to set up motion detection I get false alarms. I can use the same settings for recording video and add PIR and may be a cheap camera with alarm inputs to detect real motion and get alert.

Edited by Guest

Can anybody recommend a working solution of a PIR connected to a camera input and a software able to detect the triggered motion detection from the PIR?

Any IP camera with alarm input will do.

Than you for your answers. For what I am reading, in theory it should be an easy setup, but that is why I was asking about a known working solution. What PIR + Cameras are people using?

Remember with that solution you'll need to get 12V to PIR detector and then conduit from the PIR to the camera and to where you get 12V from. You wanted a camera, PIR + NVR, Mobotix is the answer, all three products in one camera.

I was thinking more like using an standalone PIR like the optex LX-402 connected to an input alarm of a camera.

Hi that's not a problem with the coded wirless from optex or GJD. both do a standalone unit

Remember with that solution you'll need to get 12V to PIR detector and then conduit from the PIR to the camera and to where you get 12V from. You wanted a camera, PIR + NVR, Mobotix is the answer, all three products in one camera.

Sounds great, but those cameras are expensive. I do not have any problem running the wires for the 12 V and I think is nice to be able to control how much distance to cover with the motion detector.

Sounds great, but those cameras are expensive. I do not have any problem running the wires for the 12 V and I think is nice to be able to control how much distance to cover with the motion detector.

Not only that but it's better to be able to place the motion detectors where you need them. Having the motion detector mounted in the camera can really limit your system design.

Now I just need to find a cheap camera with alarm input. Any suggestions?

I would rephrase that statement. You need to find a camera that is on your VMS supported list that supports digital I/O.

I would rephrase that statement. You need to find a camera that is on your VMS supported list that supports digital I/O.

I agree, but I do have some flexibility, this system is still on design/testing state, I will be using OEM hikvision cameras writing to a NAS, and I can choose a software for alarm notifications an daily reviews. I have been trying Axxon Next and I have been able to eliminate most of the bugs false alarms, but still it pick up a few bugs at night.

I agree, but I do have some flexibility, this system is still on design/testing state, I will be using OEM hikvision cameras writing to a NAS, and I can choose a software for alarm notifications an daily reviews. I have been trying Axxon Next and I have been able to eliminate most of the bugs false alarms, but still it pick up a few bugs at night.

If your using a VMS solution you do not need the cameras to record to the NAS. Your VMS platform will handle all of the recording.

The standard fixed Hikvision bullets/domes discussed here do not have Alarm I-O for a PIR motion detector. You'll need to step it up to the varifocal version to get that.

And generally, cams with alarm inputs are bigger, if that's an issue. None of the compact bullets seem to have alarm inputs.

If your using a VMS solution you do not need the cameras to record to the NAS. Your VMS platform will handle all of the recording.

Understood. I started using Milestone XProtect Go, so I want it to use a NAS to overcome the 5 days recording limitation. I started building an small NAS with FreeNass for this purpose and to share files on my network, also I want it to be small and quiet so I can hide it somewhere in the house. The VMS will be running in a PC, if they break in and take the PC, I will have a video copy in the NAS. I hope this make sense.

The standard fixed Hikvision bullets/domes discussed here do not have Alarm I-O for a PIR motion detector. You'll need to step it up to the varifocal version to get that.

Yes, I see that, I hope to find a camera not to expensive for this purpose, like this one:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/onvif-h-264-3-megapixels-2048x1536-vandal/171446136.html#s7-2-1|3865043225

or this one:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/h-264-three-streaming-5-megapixels-2560x1920/171449596.html#s6-23-1|1747362146

Don't know about those, never seen them before. If it doesn't say alarm i-o then it likely does not have it. Try Foscam, they tend to have alarm i-o on the lower end of the price scale. BTW, China is closed today from the 1st to the 7th, so don't expect a quick response.

Don't know about those, never seen them before. If it doesn't say alarm i-o then it likely does not have it. Try Foscam, they tend to have alarm i-o on the lower end of the price scale. BTW, China is closed today from the 1st to the 7th, so don't expect a quick response.

Those two mention I/O, and I just noticed the RS485 interface. Is this an issue, or this is just an standard pin out for the wiring?

1-channel input, Normally Open/Normally Close modes adjustable; 1-channel output, 120VAC 1A/24VDC 1A,1 RS485 interface

Sorry, didn't scroll down far enough, yes, it has alarm input. Nice that it takes CS/C lenses instead of M12.

Wonder how much extra is PoE? They show a bunch of day shots, but no night shot, so you may want to ask for that.