Sign in to follow this  
luckyfella

More Dahua 1.3mp samples

Just finished this job up yesterday. I used a combo of 1.3 Dahua bullets and 1.3 eyeball domes. The bullets went on the

side of the house and domes went on the roof eve, depended where I could have run the wire. Does anyone have an idea

what I'll be able to do cause I have 50 clients in PSS and it won't allow me to pass 50! LOL!

231801_1.jpg

231801_2.jpg

231801_3.jpg

231801_4.jpg

231801_5.jpg

231801_6.jpg

231801_7.jpg

231801_8.jpg

HA! You've actually hit a max limit in PSS! Is the limit adding the device, or adding to a single group, or having that many devices open at once- not showing obviously, but the servers open and ready to show camera feeds? If you can't add another device, that's interesting that there's is even a limit. I'd love to see the eyeballs IR shots. What NVR did you use? I see 8 cameras but the 8 channel NVR's are slim pickins. Price wise, the 32 channel ones seem a better choice.

I may have a job a job out in Brookhaven coming up- waterfront home in Bellport. Any interest in maybe partnering for that job? It may be beyond what I can handle alone. I'm taking a look at the job this week to size it up. Seriously, let me know. It would be a blast. They're probably looking for a 4-8 camera system and we could knock it out in one day.

PSS is only letting me add 50 devices. I can open as many as I want in the little tiny boxes. I may have to use another computer to log into my new devices,lol ! This job I actually installed 12 cameras. The ones you do not see are indoor and I did not want to

post them publicly. I used a 5216 with a 3tb hdd. I have 2 POE switches in an upstairs closet and one switch in the basement with

the NVR. I want to start using the 5200 nvr because it can handle the higher bit rate and probably more reliable than the 3200 NVR. I would love to join you on your job Shock. Do you still have my cell?

Btw- like I mentioned, any chance of a pic or two from the eyeball cameras in IR mode? I've seen your pics of the bullets in IR and they look superb. But I don't have much to go on for IR samples of the eyeballs.

Another question- do your customers ever complain about spider webs at the cameras? Do you tell them they might have to clean that away periodically as needed? It seems no matter how high a camera is installed, spiders are willing to make the climb for IR! LOL! Just wondering how you deal with that potential with customers.

I've seen the spider webs Shock. It almost seems, the higher up the camera, the more the spider wants to get to it, lol. Not

one customer has complained about it yet, but I did tell one guy to clean it and he did. I'll post a night shot from

the eyeballs. They work pretty good even though they have less IR's than the small bullets.

I also have noticed that purple tint. On a few cameras, if I change the profile to SUNNY, that usually helps. The same thing happens with the eyeball or the bullet, btw.

That's very good IR on those eyeballs as well. I see the bottom right camera looks like it has a bit of IR halo. I had heard the problem was hit and miss with the eyeball domes, which is why I was curious to see them. It could be some ambient light in that shot, but I think it's IR halo. But overall, impressive- very even and a good wide throw.

You might want to keep an eye on the sunny setting and make sure that works well throughout the entire day. I'm always a little leary about presets for things. If it's not working out, you might try a customized setting, such as in this vid. You might find the right balance for each kind of lighting in a day. Anway, the sunny setting is an improvement for sure, at that time of day.

JKEKf1v5WwY

Good find on that video Shock, but I think it is the same concept as the sunny. If the sunny setting still did not look good, than you can go to customize and adjust the red and blue yourself. But like you said, that might change at different times of the

day, for either the sunny setting or the customize setting is the same result.

I've just learned to live with it on my Dahuas, since it doesn't affect the overall clarity. It's unpredictable when they'll have the bad color balance or not. These are personal cams, so it doesn't help to complain, but I can see how some customers might be finicky about it.

Possibly Dahua will fix this in a future release, but I'm not sure anyone there is paying attention.

I have three 2mp mini domes installed in a parking lot location and they are all unpredictable in this regard too. The client doesn't complain so I let it go. None of them go so far askew that it's that bad, but as a sunny day progresses the color read shifts a bit. It's mainly in the late afternoon hours, and the skew doesn't last that long. Also on the sunny preset, I thought maybe that tweaked bright/contrast too which I why I thought maybe a custom setting, tweaking only R/B balance might get better results.

The sunny setting doesn't seem to affect brightness/contrast. I checked at night time and that camera looks exactly the same as the night before. And when it changed after I clicked sunny, only the colors changed. The grass was greener and the bricks were

not purple anymore. I'm keeping it as is.